This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Sharing My Other Online Market Place Profile Screenshot Such As Fiverr to the cover letter

Highlighted
Md Ariful I Member Since: Feb 24, 2017

Hi, I am new at upwork but i have more than two years experiences on fiverr. As a newbie i have some questions. If senior freelancers give me the answers of my questions that
would be very helpful to me.

My questions:

1. Suppose when i am going to send a proposal to any job, i am wanting to share my fiverr profile screenshot as jpeg or png on the attachment file option as if the client can
see my experience and skill proof. Can i do this?

2. If any client wants my contact email, or skype, personal website link, facebook profile etc on the conversation for interviewing or to see my portfolio live link (work
sample), can i share it?

3. When i will add any portfolio to my profile can i share my personal website link for showing the portfolio live work? such as i have done a wordpress theme customization
on my personal website, can i share the link to the portfolio sample?

Advanced Thanks. I am eagerly waiting for the right answers.

Regards

Ariful

2 REPLIES 2
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@Md Ariful I wrote:

Hi, I am new at upwork but i have more than two years experiences on fiverr. As a newbie i have some questions. If senior freelancers give me the answers of my questions that
would be very helpful to me.

My questions:

1. Suppose when i am going to send a proposal to any job, i am wanting to share my fiverr profile screenshot as jpeg or png on the attachment file option as if the client can
see my experience and skill proof. Can i do this?

There is a huge difference between the meaning of such words as "can" and "may".  Besides, I encountered clients who treated me as a candidate with a certain degree of risk.  I do not think that I will ever surpass them in terms of this highly admirable trait.

2. If any client wants my contact email, or skype, personal website link, facebook profile etc on the conversation for interviewing or to see my portfolio live link (work
sample), can i share it?

I have not encountered that problem yet.  I have this new exciting venture with Evernote (which I learned through the acts of serendipity via an invitation that was sent to me by a potential client just recently) but it looks like I cannot send my files via email so I am not able to edit and continue working on my file on another device.  As for Skype and Gmail, most of my great clients communicate with me via these channels.  Showcasing our portfolio items need an approval from our clients.  Based on my experience, all of my clients approved my requests to showcase my work on my profile page.  I am careful when it comes to circumvention as this is the most fatal error that a freelance contractor may commit against the platform.  But I am sure that UW will not hinder us from having alternative sources of income.  In fact, it is highly encouraged here because we are business individuals and that means that we do not have a stable income.  We just must not forget our responsibilities in regards to our projects and our commitment to finish things up.  We do this not for our clients alone but for our mental and psychological well-being as well.  I honor closures and good work ethics although it is as easy as climbing a steep and rocky mountain.

3. When i will add any portfolio to my profile can i share my personal website link for showing the portfolio live work? such as i have done a wordpress theme customization

I am not sure about how to answer your questions, Ariful.  Hopefully, other members and moderators of this community will be able to shed some light in regards to your queries.

Advanced Thanks. I am eagerly waiting for the right answers.

I am not sure if I have given you the "right" answers, Ariful,  so I rely on other members and moderators to correct my responses.  There is a possibility for errors in my responses and the internet is a global opportunity to be more vigilant and cultivate the habit of verifying facts for ourselves.

Regards

Ariful

Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018

@Md Ariful I wrote:

sample), can i share it?

If the client is already interviewing you, yes, you can share it

As long as the website you will link to doesn't have any way to contact you, that is fine, otherwise, it is a violation of Upwork TOS.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS