This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

UnionBank EON EMV Card Upgrade Warning

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010

If you are an EON account holder and considering to ugrade your magnetic stripped card to an EMV card online, you'll be giving your written consent to UnionBank to allow the BIR to look into your deposits under the Philippine's bank deposit secrecy law.

It's best to make sure your income tax returns are in order before considering to upgrade.

3 REPLIES
Frequent Visitor
JONATHAN A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Jonathan, 

I had to edit your post because it didn't meet the Community Guidelines. Posting in a language other than English is prohibited. I would invite you to edit your post to English to continue participating in this thread. 

Thank you!

-Avery

Untitled
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

Francisco F wrote:

If you are an EON account holder and considering to ugrade your magnetic stripped card to an EMV card online, you'll be giving your written consent to UnionBank to allow the BIR to look into your deposits under the Philippine's bank deposit secrecy law.

It's best to make sure your income tax returns are in order before considering to upgrade.

The EMV card of UB is actually a gateway to great travels both in the domestic and international airways.  Just by receiving remittances via the direct-to-local-bank transactions I can earn hundreds of points and can actually choose from a lot of travel destinations.  Alerts in regards to these flight invitations are usually sent via SMS.  I thought I had to use it by spending in expensive hotels and restaurants or shop in selected grocery stores since it is a debit card.  But from my experience, it looks like it's more than that.  Once it is loaded, it can validate the payment of flights that have been booked online. Of course, I'm saying this because I'm an online banking freshie.  Also, if I remember it correctly, there is a need to make an over-the-counter deposit at least once a year with UB's EMV cards.

"Bad luck, good luck, who knows?" - Salty dela Rama, S.J.