This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Upwork suspended my account unfairly even more than ten active and happy clients support

Highlighted
Md. Arif H Member Since: Feb 6, 2017

Md. Arif H.

Hi, there I'm a top-rated freelancer throughout my entire Upwork career. Successfully completed 116 projects till now. Earned $40k+ till now more than 8 active and long-term clients. Most of my clients are happy clients. Recently by mistakenly, I overbilled to one of my client's account. I get to know about the mistake when I got a call from Upwork. After checking my account I confirmed Upwork that the mistake is totally unintentional and am ready to refund the full amount to the client. Upwork team member said me if I refund the client then the issue will be solved. Meanwhile, I contacted my client and apologize for the unintentional mistake. Then we mutually agreed to settle the issue. But Upwork suspended my account. they're not responding to any of queries that I asked them through the ticket. All of my active and even the client whom I overbilled mistakenly supporting me. All of them said Upwork that they don't have any problem working with me. Don't you think this is totally unfair and injustice to kick me out from Upwork without breaching any TOS of Upwork?

2 REPLIES
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011

Md. Arif H wrote: Recently by mistakenly, I overbilled to one of my client's account

What do you mean by that?

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016

All of them said Upwork that they don't have any problem working with me.

My opinion has never been sought by upwork about any problem between any of my freelancer and their other client. And how can I possibly know what went wrong between them to even have an opinion in the first place.

Recently by mistakenly, I overbilled to one of my client's account. I get to know about the mistake when I got a call from Upwork. After checking my account I confirmed Upwork that the mistake is totally unintentional and am ready to refund the full amount to the client. 

Not very clear what does over billing means here.

Does it mean that a contract was dormant, the client forgot to pause/ close it and you charged time on it?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS