This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Which Bank in Pakistan is linked to upwork

Frequent Visitor
Ali A Member Since: Apr 8, 2017

Hi Maryam!
I'm a little new to banking system. So it would be great if you help answer my small question. I would like to know which type of account of HBL are you using right now to withdraw funds from Upwork?

Frequent Visitor
Adeel I Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
Hi Ali.
You can use any type of Hbl Acount.
I am using Conventional current account.

Thanks
Adeel
Frequent Visitor
Ali A Member Since: Apr 8, 2017

Hi Adeel!
Thank you so much for your kind reply. Do you pay any additional tax on it since the funds are being sent from a foreign source; you know the kind of tax they have on remittance etc.

Community Leader
Muhammad U Member Since: Apr 6, 2016

My HBL Islamabad bank is not supported over upwork..I would try and use standard chartered .

Not sure, why HBL is not supported over upwork.

Thanks.

Ace Contributor
Fahad S Member Since: Aug 31, 2013

My payment is also rejected. My bank is HBL. But another freelancer said his bank (askari) also rejected the payment because they say the state bank has changed the policy

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Fahad,

Please contact your bank and a few alternatives other users shared on this thread, to confirm which can be used for receiving withdrawals from your Upwork account. Do follow up afterwards and share an update on this thread.

Omer A Member Since: Sep 12, 2017
I made an account but it's not working. Whenever I want to bid a project, a message appear that I can't proceed untill I have a membership basic or plus. How will I get this basic membership? Would I have to deposit some money. Is it important to take plus memberdhip?? Is it not completely free website. Plz guide me.
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Omer,

Please go to Find Work > Profile tab > complete all the section of your profile and upload a profile photo in order to have your account reviewed and approved before you can start submitting proposals.