This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Withdrawing earnings from Upwork

Highlighted
Katrina C Member Since: Mar 3, 2016

Hello fellow Freelancers,

I'm new to Upwork and I've just started out just recently. So, please take it easy on me because I'm a newbie. My questions are:

1.) The client already paid $5 for an article, and I've received the approval notice. But I don't see it in my "Earnings".

Will it be available after a certain period of time? Can you withdraw small amounts?

2.) Is there a minimum amount of earnings to withdaw money from Upwork? I noticed there's only if earnings are $100 or more, so does it mean I have to have $100 of earning before I can withdraw it?

3.) How long does it take for money to transfer from Upwork to BPI savings account?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Katrina,

Congrats on successfully completing your first Upwork job!

1. The funds that show under Pending are subjected to a 6-day security period and will be available for withdrawal on the date shown under "Date" on the left side of the job title, on your Reports page. Please read this Help Article.

2. No, there is no minimum for the amount you can withdraw as long as it's available on your Upwork account. You are referring to the automatic payment schedule, which you can set up on your account according to your preferences. Please read more about the payment schedule in this Help Article.

3. The payment processing time depends on the receiving bank and other factors (U.S. and Philippine bank and public holidays), but it usually takes between two to four business days. 

You can find these and many other replies/advice/tips by searching through the Community topics, especially the Freelancers forums. Please check the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center and read the "A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork". I also advise watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread.

Rose Kennedee C Member Since: May 13, 2016

hi,

my filing status says, No Filing - Non-US. and I cannot update the W-8BEN tax information. Can I withdraw my payments from upwork having this status?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Rose,

You need to use your real name in the legal name field in order to avoid any issues with your withdrawals. Please contact Customer Support and our team will reset the tax form so you can update the information.

Form W-8BEN is required for all non-US freelancers to fill in order for them to withdraw their earnings from Upwork. Here is more information about the form in this Help article.

Frequent Visitor
Roy B Member Since: Aug 11, 2016

Very informative. thanks

Frequent Visitor
Marijeff A Member Since: Jul 25, 2016

I'm also new here in Upwork....I initially chose paypal but a friend of mine who started here in Upwork before me advise to set up a bank account and make it as your getting paid option here in Upwork....its easier that way....when your client pays who there is a time frame indicated on when it will be posted on your account...and when its posted then yopu can go to your bank to widraw it or if you have an ATM then you can do that as well.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS