This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Working from Japan with a fulltime job

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Md. Muhaimin R Member Since: Feb 7, 2017

Hello. I am a foreigner, working as a AI Engineer in japan. I wanted to work for side-gig in Upwork as well. But i do not know clear procedures and documents for permissions. Please can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Bharath S Member Since: Oct 20, 2019

1. Create a great profile with relevent skills and experience related to the kind of job you are going to apply for

2. Take up the Upwork readiness test which can be found under the find work menu option

3. You need to upload a valid goverment ID for verification purpose and also schedule a video call for verification

4. You can start bidding to projects however keep in mind you need to be persistent and while applying give a nice cover letter stating your experience and skills and why the client should hire you. 

There are lot of knowledge article which are super help in upwork please feel free to use them - https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001189113

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS