This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

how many Bangladeshi freelancer work and how much they earn in a year

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Abdul Halim C Member Since: Apr 29, 2015

I am top rated freelancer for last 3 years, I am going to attend in  seminar on Saturday  where I will discuss on the future possibilities of Bangladeshi youth. and my focus will to get prepare to the world market as a freelancer. 
so I need to know these 2 information, how much freelance currently work in  upworks and how much they earn in a year (approximately )

I will thankful and it will help me a lot if I get these information

regard  

6 REPLIES 6
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015

@Abdul Halim C wrote:

so I need to know these 2 information, how much freelance currently work in  upworks and how much they earn in a year (approximately )

I will thankful and it will help me a lot if I get these information

regard  

I am answering this with no disrespect.  I don't think you will get official answer, but I bet there are hundreds of thousand from Bangladesh.  Many of them earn decent, but in general Blagladesh freelancers have/work for very low rate (including you.  You are underselling your skills).  I have even seen a person working for 50 cents an hour.  I am sure his alternatives were to work at that price to survive or stand on the street corner with a tin can.

I admire you for taking active part in the future of youth.  Hey if even one or two will listen to you and take your suggestions you did a 5star job.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Prashant ,
Yes I do agree that some time we do work by very low cost.  In my case, I rate myself by the volume and quality of the work. and I do not think there are a universal equal hourly rate,  it depends on so many things. However, some of freelancer really get too low. How can we get value will be one of my key issue while I will discuss in the seminar.

Actually we also need a market place where job owner will also take a responsibility for low rate.  is it possible? 

Thank you for  your comments.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018

Hi Abdul Halim

While we aren't able to provide the exact numbers and statistics, you can check out our press releases and researches here. Additionally, you can use freelancer search with location and earnings filters to find a number of freelancers that you need!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Frequent Visitor

Hi Bojan
thank you , I am trying to collect infrometion from these 2 link 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014

So here's the thing Abdul...

YOU are a top-rated freelancer.

But MOST Bangladeshi youth are NOT like you.

Just like most American youth are NOT like you, and most youth (as well as most older people) everywhere around the world are NOT like you.

Only a tiny fraction of people in America, Bangladesh, and EVERYWHERE else have the right combination of temperment and skill to succeed as a freelancer.

IT IS NOT normal to do this kind of thing.

I have no problem with you sharing information about your freelancing experiences with other people. But it is important to understand that most people can never succeed in this place - the place YOU have found success - because they're not like you. Their path lies elsewhere.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Preston 
Yes I do agree, it is very tough to achieve. 
But we must try to find some path for other to develop their skill and patient to work as internationally.

Thank you for your valuable observation and comments   

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS