This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

profile blocked

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
bhrugu m Member Since: Oct 30, 2017

I had great profile, completed many projects (Apps) and upwork has blocked my profile.

I does not have another account (profile), just have one.

All job mostly completed with 5 star and good feedback.

I mail the support team but he replied with your profile can not be revert back.

Can you guys suggest me what can be the issue?

15 REPLIES 15
Community Leader
Mike W Member Since: Sep 28, 2016

Sounds like you violated the terms of service somehow and got yourself banned for good.  I woul dask yourself what you  have done in the past few weeks that may have violated this.  Things such as attempting to take clients off-site, off-site communication, and coercing clients to send you money directly will get you banned with no chance of being reinstated.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Mike to reply.

Ok let me explain.

Since I think 1 year I did not work on upwork, because when client gave me good feedback and 5 star rating my job success score went down and down, I told the matter to support team but they replied every time with your score ratio will be increase after few dasy, but after few days job ratio score decresed.

Still I got few jobs due to my previous feedback and but what if client answerd want to come for outer communication.

Community Guru
Maryam N Member Since: Sep 4, 2016

Or maybe You have a duplicate account. Whatever the reason is, if the suspension is permanent there is very less chance for your profile to get re-instated.  Communicate with Upwork Trust and Safety Department by replying to the email which was sent to you they can give you the exact reason. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Maryam to reply.

No I does not have duplicate account. One thing can be possible I was from Elance where I was freelancing profile and on ODesk I was Client as well as Freelancing profile. But after merging Elance-Odesk I removed my Odesk freelancing profile, but not sure what happend with client profile becuase I was not longer used that.

Can it be issue?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Bhrugu, 

I'm sorry to hear your account was suspended. Please refer to this ticket to know why your account was suspended, and what are the next steps you need to take to lift the suspension on your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for reply, Avery,

When I click on your specified link, I am getting "My Job Feed", tried with 4 times.

At top I am getting like message "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support." but when I click on link, again my page redirect to "My Job Feed".

Community Guru

Go to the Ticket which Avery mentioned above. Then reply to the Ticket using this box at the bottom or follow the next steps mentioned there to lift the suspension on your account.  

Screenshot_10.png

Frequent Visitor

I clicked to ticket of Avery mention but page will be re direct to "My Job Feed", where I can see the latest job posted by vaerious employer.

Might be possible link is dead or pointing something wrong page, I also have also messaged yesterday for this ("ticket link is broken") to Avery.

Community Guru

Try these steps.

Screenshot_5.png1Screenshot_6.png2

When you go to requests page you'll be able to see all requests. Click on the first ticket (at the top) and you'll be able to see the reason for your account suspension or something which you need to do to lift the suspension.  I hope this helps! 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS