Page options
4f75230f
Community Member

1000 words

need help with 1000 advertorial...

7 REPLIES 7
varungs
Community Member

If you are a client, you can post a job listing on Upwork (upwork.com); if you're a freelancer, you shouldn't be asking for help with your projects. Just tell the client you're not able to complete the task and give them a refund. Don't outsource your work. Edit: At least not without their permission.

4f75230f
Community Member

i tried and didn’t get a response… i am a client.

varungs
Community Member

Try adding as many details as possible in your job listing, and add relevant tags. You should have gotten at least a few proposals. Try renewing or reposting the job listing — if you still don't get proposals, then feel free to send a screenshot of your job listing here. We'll give you some feedback on what can be improved.

petra_r
Community Member

Varun G wrote:

then feel free to send a screenshot of your job listing here. 

No, don't please, because that's not allowed.

If a job post does not attract the right freelancers, it is most likely for one or more of these reasons:

1. Very low budget
  2. client without a verified payment method
  3. insufficient details
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

I use this tactic in situations like this:

1. The client needs specific work.  A 1000-word advertorial.  And so on.

2. Inform the client you will write up the job description for them, so as to correctly describe the work and its requirements.

3. Have your hiring client publish the job listing.

4. Responses will come in to the client's account.

5. After a day, or two, or whatever makes sense: Use Upwork's video conferencing platform to establish a session.  Have the client establish their screen share

6. Physically visualize with them - their Upwork contractor responses ONLY after they have navigated through their log-in and proprietary information.

7. Determine in real time, the top 2 or 3 or such best responses.  Indicate you are willing to interview the proposing contractors so as to gather their best responses.

8. Ask the client to indicate, through their Upwork email, you will be interviewing each prospective contractor as a service to them.  This must be done off-system through a phone call, Skype, Zoom, etc.  With the explanation in advance this is happening so the Upwork applying contractor is given balanced information."

9. Conduct the personal interviews offline.  Return to your client with the recommended contractor, reasons why, etc. You know the list.

10. Leave it to the client to make the hiring decision and start the contract.

11. Then integrate with the hired contractor as a colleague and ally once hired.

And charge for the time it takes to do this.

John B wrote:

[...]

The OP is a client ... 

(But I am sure she will be beating a path to your profile - if she can find it, that is.)

John B wrote:

5. After a day, or two, or whatever makes sense: Use Upwork's video conferencing platform to establish a session.  Have the client establish their screen share

Based on my experience with Upwork video conferencing, that's tantamount to torture, but on the plus side it will probably increase your hours billed.