🐈
» Forums » Clients » 1st Payment Verification - Amount 1 & Amount ...
Page options
05a4c0eb
Community Member

1st Payment Verification - Amount 1 & Amount 2

Hi,

Just join to this community.

I have a question. When you add card details, they will withdraw twice two random amount. Correct?

Then you need to tell them the amount. that money will be returned back. Correct?

My concern is: **Edited for community guidelines**

Now a friend of mine has the same problem. Because is an exchange rate there, the money will come back less and you lose money there. Because of the exchange rate will be different.

Do you think is fair play? Is not a lot of money but I dispute if not come back same amount.

UpWork didn't write to much about this, or at least "live support" = Zero. Only if write on customers support or community support.

Now we see. I want to ask if everyone has the same problem, and what do you think about this?

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Iosif-Ilie

Upwork charges and refunds your credit card in U.S. Dollars for verification purposes. Upwork doesn't have control over conversion rates or fees your local bank may apply. These rates adjust regularly, sometimes a few times a day based on market conditions so it's possible that the refunded amount will be smaller or larger.

~ Valeria
Upwork

No good. A "Big" company like UpWork must find a solution.

And I can give you this Solution. Take the payments, and wait a couple of days, and decline / Not accept the payment. The will come back as they go from the client account.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But the banks all the time tell me if the "seller or business does not accept or decline the transaction is rollback.

Simple as it is.

P.S. - 110% Most of the cases, clients all the time lose money when is come to "transaction fee" or "exchange rate". So do not try to misleading people is "larger".

Latest Articles
Learning Paths