🐈
» Forums » Clients » A client has a question about feedback I can'...
Page options
m_paraventi
Community Member

A client has a question about feedback I can't answer

I'm a freelancer. A client I recently completed a job for asked how to leave feedback. Because I see Upwork from the freelancer's view, I can't give her instructions. Can someone help, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm a freelancer. A client I recently completed a job for asked how to leave feedback. Because I see Upwork from the freelancer's view, I can't give her instructions. Can someone help, please?"

A client does not need to know how to leave feedback.

If you ask a client to close a contract, then the client will AUTOMATICALLY be presented with a screen for giving feedback.

So what you really need to know is how to tell a client to close a job. Tell the client:

"Navigate to the contract listing. Click on the contract. Click on the Three Dots icon. Choose the End Contract option."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm a freelancer. A client I recently completed a job for asked how to leave feedback. Because I see Upwork from the freelancer's view, I can't give her instructions. Can someone help, please?"

A client does not need to know how to leave feedback.

If you ask a client to close a contract, then the client will AUTOMATICALLY be presented with a screen for giving feedback.

So what you really need to know is how to tell a client to close a job. Tell the client:

"Navigate to the contract listing. Click on the contract. Click on the Three Dots icon. Choose the End Contract option."

If you (the freelancer) have ALREADY closed a contract, then you can tell the client to go here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062188-Leave-Feedback-on-a-Contract

Thank you! I've passed the information along to the client.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maureen,

I checked this for you, and your contract still has the option to ’’Enable client to change feedback’’. Please read more about how to do that in this help article and share this help article with your client for more information on how they can leave feedback for your contract. 

Let us know if we can assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for your help, Bojan. I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to get positive feedback!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths