🐈
» Forums » Clients » A critical feature is missing for Clients - a...
Page options
be1b1974
Community Member

A critical feature is missing for Clients - average freelancer activity level over a day

Upwork is currently missing a basic and necessary feature, which is the average freelancer activity level over a day or a month. Without this feature, there is no simple way to see the average activity level of a freelancer for a day. I cannot easily tell if a freelancer is staying active or not. This is basic functionality that would take about 20 minutes to develop.

I spoke with support and they told me that this feature doesn't exist and needs to be requested by Clients to be added.  They gave me a ticket #22913926 for this request. Clients, please reach out to support and request this feature. This would help us all.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Alexander R wrote:

Upwork is currently missing a basic and necessary feature, which is the average freelancer activity level over a day or a month. Without this feature, there is no simple way to see the average activity level of a freelancer for a day. I cannot easily tell if a freelancer is staying active or not. This is basic functionality that would take about 20 minutes to develop.

I spoke with support and they told me that this feature doesn't exist and needs to be requested by Clients to be added.  They gave me a ticket #22913926 for this request. Clients, please reach out to support and request this feature. This would help us all.

What exactly do you mean by average activity level and how would it be calculated? You mean how often he is online? What information are you looking for?

Upwork gives you the ability to check activity in the filters section as you can see in my screen shot below. This may not be an average but it's unclear exactly what you are looking for and what should constitute this average. 

UW-lastActivity.JPG

Alexander, based on your question perhaps you would be better advised to post a Fixed Price job.  Worrying about - or requiring - a freelancer to be 'actively working on your job' 8 hours a day negates the erntire premise of freelancing and hiring outside freelancers.  

You might need an actual in-house employee.

Alexander has left the building.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths