cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A known Bug

37b0e920
Sanjay S Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
1 of 6

I am fairy new to odesk but I have a 5 years of hiring account on Freelancer.com .

Couple of days back I send an invitation to two freelancers out of they both responded. but one never displayed in my applicants list even not in the hidden tab.

After I saw this strange thing, contacted support and came to know , this is a known bug for oDesk and they are more than willing to fix it. But they are very unsure how many days, Sorry months will it take.

Freelancer.com support is really bad in handling support ticket so thought to give odesk a try but these guys website itself is having issues !!!

So I can guess the rest of what to expect . If the company is like this, how woud be their freelancers ??

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 6

"So I can guess the rest of what to expect . If the company is like this, how woud be their freelancers ??"

That's a bit harsh on the freelancers, many of whom are busting their guts to do an entirtely professional and first-class job despite the obstacles oDesk throws in their way

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
3 of 6

The freelancers have nothing to do with the website. They didn't build it or maintain it. oDesk does this (although not very well at times it seems).

In fact, the freelancers are quite upset about this bug as well because it is costing them money. A client does a search and decides to invite a freelancer but the freelancer can't accept the invitation properly. The client can just go elsewhere to find a freelancer but it's the freelancer that loses out on the job.

msayno
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
4 of 6

Smear campaign?  Why am I under the impression that this is smear campaign against freelancers on this site vs. the other site...  

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Sanjay,

I've been reviewing your case here with a few others and what you're experiencing is not a bug. However, there is some confusion in the responses you've received, including that from CS. We'll follow up with more clarification directly to you.

37b0e920
Sanjay S Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Garnor,

Thanks for the response. Inviting a freelancer to review my job posting & then unable to see him in my Applicants section. contacting odesk support they give me a direct link to the application page of the freelancer. How come this is helping oDesk ?? Atleast not me. Not sure what is the defninition of Bug at oDesk.

-Sanjay

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS