🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: A need for a monthly invoice
Page options
be91799e
Community Member

A need for a monthly invoice

A few days ago I contacted the the odesk support  to see if I can get only 1 invoice every month, that concludes all my payments to all the people on "my team".

This will save the hassle of printing 10 to 20 different invoices, and more important – its more environment friendly !!

Odesk support contacted me back and said that at the moment they do not have this feature ,but it’s a good suggestion – and they will look into it.

Will that be something that will interest all  of the rest of you freelancers ?

Odesk is the most professional platform for freelance jobs I know – and I am happy to have discovered it  and I put it to use on a daily basis.

Hope to hear your notes on this subject.

Udi

28 REPLIES 28
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Udi,

Thank you very much for posting your suggestion. I understand how it would be more convenient for clients to be able to download invoices in bulk or have a way to have one invoice for all the payments. I will share your feedback with our Team.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kugrin
Community Member

Yes, Udi - that would be a great and much needed feature and one that we've been requesting and oDesk "has been looking into" for many years now!

3c144545
Community Member

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Dear oDesk/Upwork, we want monthly invoices, and we want them now.

Yes! This is a must have.... I just downloaded 20 pdfs for one month!?

How did you print the invoices? I just cant find it

This is a pretty old thread Nancy but I can tell you how to print your invoices (if you're a client). Click on "Reports" in the top menu, then click "Transactions" in the left menu. You'll see your transaction history. Each transaction has a "Ref ID" which is a link that you can click. Clicking it will pop up a small window with the details and a "View invoice" link which will allow you to download the invoice as a PDF. You can then print the PDF.

Invoices.PNG

95da9d2c
Community Member

We still need the Monthly invoices.

And honestly, its not a advanced feature or a unfair request,

I got two freelancers and my bookeeper just came back to me with a huge trash talk about it, and honestly, who can blame her?

8 invoices for one month's work... That's over 3 time more than I'm sending out for as a lone freelancer each month.

Also, who does invoicing per month if not on upwork? I really do not see where this is coming form.

Anyhow, we still need it.

Thanks

Hi Christopher,

You can now download invoices in bulk in Transaction History. Just set a date range (you can do it monthly) and click this button:

Screenshot_11.png

Since billing on Upwork is done on a weekly basis for hourly contracts and when the money is paid and released from Escrow for fixed-priced contracts, there is no option to view monthly invoices.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Date range too large

Change date range so it does not exceed 31 days.

This is ridiculous 31 day. I was expecting it for the last 3 years not 31 days. 

h-roei
Community Member

Is there any update on this request for monthly invoicing??

We get about 20 pdf invoices for a budget of less than 1000 dollars per month - this is really inconvenient

Thank you for any comment or update on this

h-roei
Community Member

Hello

I wanted to understand if it is possible to minimize the number of invoices we get from upwork each month?

Our current situation is as follows:

-we have contracts with a number of freelancers each month (at least 5 contracts with 5 different freelancers)

-each contract is pay-per-hour

-each freelancer either manually or via the time tracker submits their hours

The result is that we get 1 invoice per freelancer per 1 week of work. So, even for a relativlely small monthly spend (say 1,000$) we can get up to 20 invoices (e.g. 5 freelancers X 4 weeks). We need to download those invoices and submit them locally for Tax purposes one by one and so we are looking for any solution to get a single invoice for the total amount spent per month, for example. Any other possible solution to reduce the number of invoices is also welcome. 

Is there anyway to achieve our goal?

Many thanks

Roi

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roi,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to advise you regarding this query. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
h-roei
Community Member

Thank you

I dont see the support ticket or any notification of it - was the ticket opened yet?

Is there another way to get info such as chat or phone with an upwork agent?

Thank you

Roi

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roi,

I'm sorry about the delay with this and the inconvenience this is causing you. I just escalated your concern again and one of our team members will reach out to you directly as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
68a725df
Community Member

I would love an option for one monthly invoice, instead of weekly invoices! Please please please add this feature!!!

fe36fa31
Community Member

Any updates on a monthly invoice option? It is really time-consuming to keep accounts with weekly invoices.  

c60ff828
Community Member

Here we are, 8 years later and Upwork still doesn't have a monthly invoice feature. Everybody still has to deal with the overwhelming number of invoices it generates. I've hired only 4 people which generates 32 invoices per month! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! 

I believe you when you say there are too many invoices per month, because of the weekly invoicing. But I don't follow how 4 weeks times 4 freelancers yields 32 invoices. What am I missing?

Hello Jonathan,

Every week, Upwork generates 2 invoices for each contract a client has. The first invoice is from the freelancer to the client based on the contract hourly rate, and the second invoice is from Upwork to the client charging the Upwork fee.

A client that hires 4 freelancers makes Upwork generate 8 invoices every week. In 4 weeks, there are astonishing 32 invoices, which creates a lot of accounting work for the client that has to input all invoices on its accounting software and reconcile them all with the bank account charge.

It has always been a lot of hassle for clients, but Upwork simply doesn't care and doesn't bother to resolve it. Notice this original post is from Feb 2015, exactly 8 years ago, which proves my point.

Regards,

Thanks for clarifying

Hi Marcio,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand you want the ease of having just once invoice per month. I shared your feedback with the relevant team for review.

~ AJ
Upwork

So Upwork believes it is perfectly OK to keep saying for 8(!) years that they'll share the feedback with the team?  Get real and start looking after your customers NOW please.  Surely asking for 1 invoice per month is not too much to ask for?

78a3d09e
Community Member

We have the same basic need as everybody else in here. Too many invoices every month. I've never seen this before, and we've been working with probably 1000 companies the last 25 years. We want the standard: 1 invoice per month.

I also have a question to Upwork support: Invoices can be sent per email, but for some weird reason they are sent as ZIP-files. No accounting program that I've seen can handle ZIP-files. Again, I've never seen a company send their invoices as ZIP-files since they are usually blocked by the e-mail filters.

With ZIP, again you will have a lot of manual administration, unpacking each ZIP to PDF. Manually emailing the PDF to the accounting program - for each invoice, ie. 32 per month...
There must be a better way?

c07dcce6
Community Member

I would like Invoices to be sent directly to Accounting so I don't have to go in every month, download the PDF, and send it to them.  How can I do that?  Thanks!

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that Invoicing happens automatically through the time tracker for hourly and through the milestones for a fixed price. Unfortunately, Upwork cannot send invoices directly for accounting purposes. Upwork provides some reports that you can use to track earnings and Upwork fees, but beyond that, you need to do your own bookkeeping/accounting. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
jurelampe
Community Member

Let me rephrase the question. How to allow our accountant to get all invoices from UpWork without my intervention and manual work? Welcome to 21 Century!

2e8e9329
Community Member

I'm shocked this thread has been open since 2015 with no movement from Upwork's side. I am in the same situation of having dozens of individual invoices a month, which is a nightmare for my financial team to deal with. Can we **please** get monthly invoices that show the total paid? 

gagandp
Community Member

The date range selector should display invoices with generated date not when the invoice is paid. This is a pain to open all invoice just to see the date and the csv download don't show the date when invoice is created. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths