cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A neutral way out.

Julien B Member Since: Aug 31, 2014
1 of 3

Hi,

I have been for some time with a freelancer and was satisfied with his job. On one assignement (the last) the relation another way (no response, inconsistencies,...). the reason provided was a sickness.

I do understand that reason and accept it. The freelancer asks me now to close and rate the job. 

I would like to find a neutral of not rating his work and closing the job (the work rovided has been paid). If I was to rate honestly this job, it would be bad and affect the freelancer's profile, despite him being globally a very good lad and good worker.

The solution provided by the support group would be for the freelancer to close the job himslef, but this would affect my profile. 

Would it be possible for Upwork to give the option for a neutral way out, a "gentleman" agreement?

Thanks

Ju

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

Julien,

You DO NOT need to write feedback comments for this contractor.

You can leave feedback comments blank.

If you want to close the contract, Upwork really is going to ask you to provide feedback ratings in terms of star ratings for specific categories.

I think you should not worry about this so much. Provide honest feedback and be done with it.

If you're worried about how your feedback ratings will affect him, you should understand that providing NO feedback would have a WORSE effect on his job score than providing honest feedback, even if it isn't great feedback.

If you're really worried, just error on the side of generosity when providing star feedback. Try rating him based on the sum performance of everything he did, without focusing on how things have been most recently.

And you REALLY REALLY do not need to worry about ending a contract with somebody you don't want to work with. This is a normal part of freelancing.

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
3 of 3

@Julien B wrote:

I would like to find a neutral of not rating his work and closing the job (the work rovided has been paid). If I was to rate honestly this job, it would be bad and affect the freelancer's profile, despite him being globally a very good lad and good worker.

This makes no sense to me.  Why would you give a bad, or even neutral, rating to a freelancer you admit did a good job overall for you?  So he started out strong and finished weak due to illness; put that in the comments if you feel it's useful to future clients.  Just be honest about your sum total experience with the person.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS