🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Ability to hide or delete past jobs
Page options
robertchapin
Community Member

Ability to hide or delete past jobs

I need to have the ablity to hide or delete closed jobs.  If this isn't possible, I will no longer be able to work with this service.

Robert Chapin

The Hunted

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

There is no way to edit your job post from public to private once the job has already been closed. However, setting closed jobs from public to private can be requested and will be actioned on as needed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

There is no way to edit your job post from public to private once the job has already been closed. However, setting closed jobs from public to private can be requested and will be actioned on as needed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
abby-tim
Community Member

i worked on Upwork in 2013, I would like to start again. Can i request my past work be deleted or removed or hidden?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rabia, 

As discussed on this thread, please know that we will not be able to remove your old ended contracts on your Work History.

~ Avery
Upwork
leang78
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Can you let me know how to request the setting closed jobs from public to private?

At the moment the job is not showed on client side, just showed on my side.

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Leang,

If you would like to set your earnings to private you will need to upgrade to our Plus plan. Jobs can`t be set to private or removed from a freelancer profile. If you have additional questions please send me a PM with your Contract ID so that I can advice you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
44032adb
Community Member

How do I request past completed jobs I posted be changed to private?

Hi Michael,

You can switch your completed jobs to private by clicking on "Make Private" from the options menu. Here's the help article for more information. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Where can I make that request?

Hi Remielyn,

Just to clarify that Jobs can`t be set to private or removed from a freelancer profile. If you would like to set your earnings to private you will need to upgrade to our Plus plan.  If you have additional questions please send me a PM with your Contract ID so that I can advise you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c5407807
Community Member

I would like to request to have closed jobs made private. How would I do this?

Hi Cob,

I'd like to reiterate as Goran mentioned here, that closed jobs can't be made private or removed from your profile. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e3ed1592
Community Member

Hello, I had a problem with a client. I made a really complex porject for him but at the end he did not want it anymore and decided to pay me just half, I am currently at a dispute for it. However, what really bothers me is that he ranked my skills badly, and even worse, the title of the project is compleatly different, it says it is a simple html/css page when in reality it was a very complex fullstack project. I want to delete this feedback because it is compleatly unfair, and I would like to know how. I appreciate any help that you can give me with this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Juan Miguel.

This case have been escalated to the correct team and they will reach out to you directly as soon as they review this case. 

Feedback can only be disputed or removed in a few cases, when a full refund is issued, when a Top Rated freelancer uses the perk or when it's in violation of TOS. Please see this Community post for more information about Upwork feedback system.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

We had similar issue that shocked us out few days ago. Entire of works and source code were stolen by that client. We trust him and push our code with document to his server. When he realize we need to depend on him to release the fund, he start taking advance from us by adding extra thing over and over again. 

We have nothing to lose and close contract and leave him with our works (even leave him 5* and hope we can find someone to use). However, the madness client attach us by his feedback. 

c1b9816e
Community Member

hello how can i request that on upwork?

Hi Alvin Leo,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Alvin Leo T wrote:

hello how can i request that on upwork?

You can't, except with a full refund of all money paid under the contract.

yowiedesign
Community Member

It is not possible. Hiding or removing past jobs would essentially give freelancers the ability to remove bad feedback, and that defeats the purpose of having feedback.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I didn't think it was possible.

Craig A, can you tell me how to hide a project. I assume that you're recant at the end means there's a way.

Hi Monique,

This depends how the project has been posted, please refer to Avery comment above for more details.
If you have any additional questions fell free to post them here.

~ Goran
Upwork

The job is finished. Can you help now? Can it be done? I really need it to be done.

@Monique C wrote:
Craig A, can you tell me how to hide a project. I assume that you're recant at the end means there's a way.

Are you asking as a client or as a freelancer?

A freelancer.

@Monique C wrote:
A freelancer.

The only way to completely make a project vanish from your freelancer history is to give a full refund of all money paid under the contract.

That isn't possible. They contract has ended.

Hi Monique,

Once a contract has ended it will be showed on your profile with the feedback your client has left. If no feedback is provided on your contract the job title will be listed on your profile with this line "No feedback given".

~ Goran
Upwork

@Monique C wrote:
That isn't possible. They contract has ended.

How long ago did the contract end?

what “isn’t possible?” Issuing a refund? Unless the contract ended a long time ago you should still be able to refund.

If it ended a long time ago and can no longer be refunded, it can’t be removed.

So it stays. I don't think there's any way I can get a moderator to go in and do it for me? In just need it off my profile.

Hi Monique,

We won't be able to hide the job from your profile, however I see that you are also in communication with our support team and have recently reached out to them, I'll follow up with them directly and you can expect to be updated directly on your ticket with additional information.

~Nina

Hello, i have a old job post that was completed by a contractor, 100 % saticfactory. I was hoping to delete this old job posting now that the job is complete. is this possible? Thank you for your help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gregg,

Check out this help article for detailed instructions on how you can edit/remove your posted jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork

It will also hide from client recent history?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths