cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abused Me

Wasim A Member Since: Aug 10, 2017
1 of 8

Hi

i recently worked with freelancer i was not satisfied with his progress thats why i had to give low stars to him now in his feedback he abused me his line is  " I can just say, if the client is a pig, then I can't do any more satisfaction. " will upwork take any actions against his profile? or i can say upwork allow that type of unprofessional freelancers to use upwork platform ?

Thanks

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 8

Wasim, Upwork will take action against the freelancer, guaranteed. You can report that to support if you wish, or else wait for a moderator to reply to this topic.

3 of 8

Thank You for your response John K. Can you please guide me how to report it to Support?

Thank you very much for your help.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 8

Wasim, you're welcome. Just follow the illustrated directions I posted here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Contact-Support/m-p/306642#M18501

Unfortunately, the procedure is rather complex.

5 of 8

@John K wrote:

Wasim, you're welcome. Just follow the illustrated directions I posted here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Contact-Support/m-p/306642#M18501

Unfortunately, the procedure is rather complex.

I really wish Upwork would make this process easier for clients. Most of us freelancers have figured it out, but thankfully don't have to use it as often as I think clients do.

Even putting your good instructions on the first support page would be a big help. This process should not be complex!

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
6 of 8

I'm often scared to tell somebody to contact support just in case they reply with... 'how do I do that?'!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

Wasim,

I see the reply from the freelancer that you are referring to and I'll share it with the team for a review. We'll take actions according to Upwork ToS.

Thanks for letting us know.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

The language and behavior of the freelancer referred to by the original poster is NEVER acceptable, NOT MATTER what a client does.

Upwork is not meant to be fair or reciprocal or balanced in all things.

Sometimes a person might walk into a store who is somebody we don't agree with in every way. Sometimes a customer might say things we don't understand. Sometimes a person might come into the store who is an outright thug or brute.

But as freelancers, we represent the store. We represent Upwork. Clients rarely encounter Customer Support Representatives or Forum Moderators or management or programmers who work for Upwork.

Who do they encounter? The freelancers. We represent Upwork. And as freelancers, we must ALWAYS be professional.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS