🐈
» Forums » Clients » Accidentally paid bonus rather than the due a...
Page options
shummas
Community Member

Accidentally paid bonus rather than the due amount

Hello. 

I re-hired a local freelancer that I previously worked with, for new hourly project on the job titled **Edited for Community Guidelines**

After he logged manual time for two hours and finished the project, I did not know how to pay him so I added $60 as bonus ($30 per hour) as his fee. I informed the freelancer, paid him his money in the form of bonus and so the job was completed successfuly. He even left me a good feedback. 

However, under payments and billing section I can still see that $60 is currently due. I think it's because I added his entire pay as bonus. I simply did not know how it's done, since this is the second time I hired a person and it's my first time hiring on an hourly contract (so things were slightly confusing for me).

I got an email that failure of this due payment will result in a suspention. However my freelancer is already paid the full amount in the form of bonus. He already knows this.as I've notified him. 

Now, what should I do in this case?

Regards,
Shummas

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shummas,

Could you please share more details with me via PM (click on my name) about the contract or the freelancer you`re referring to? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Done. 

Please check your PMs. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths