cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Seems to have disappeared

Mark K Member Since: Dec 6, 2016
1 of 9

I have had an account with UpWork for several years and have posted many jobs for a few different companies.  Today, as i went to update  a freelancer on an open jobs, i was unable to login with my username and password,it said "invalid username password or email".  I went to retrieve my password, but it said it doesn't recognize the email, the same email that I have used for several years the email I'm getting messages delivered to from freelancers working on my open projects.  

Hoping that I could access my existing account I signed up with the same email address and it allowed me to open a new account.  I need to access my other account as all my expenses and time tracking is in that account.  can someone advise how to get help with this?

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 9

You really need to contact customer service on this.  You aren't allowed to have duplicate accounts and only they can help you.

Mark K Member Since: Dec 6, 2016
3 of 9

Thank you for your reply.  I can't seem to find an easy way to contact customer service.  The support page keeps guiding me to the communities for answers.  Do you know an easy way to contact them?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 9

@Mark K wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  I can't seem to find an easy way to contact customer service.  The support page keeps guiding me to the communities for answers.  Do you know an easy way to contact them?

Can you access to this link? https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If not, try to ping a moderator here (Valeria for instance)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 9

Hi Mark,

We'll have a support agent reach you directly and assist you with accessing your original account and closing duplicates.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sisnetic S Member Since: Feb 5, 2019
6 of 9

Same Issue as Mark. Please help

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 9

Hi Sisnetic,

Just to confirm, do you remember your UserID or email from the account you`re referring to? 

Untitled
Sisnetic S Member Since: Feb 5, 2019
8 of 9

Hi Goram,

We remember the User ID and Password but it did not identify the user so had to try to reset password. Once we did and logged in there were no data from before. ADvise

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 9

Hi Sisnetic,

Please send me a PM with the account UserID or email so that I can check this and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS