🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Account Suspended / Transactions Limited
Page options
geoffla
Community Member

Account Suspended / Transactions Limited

I posted a job last yesterday evening 11-26-22 and that was that. This morning I login to see how many people applied for the job and find out my account has been suspended, but I never got an email or anything reason why about it.  I log in to support.upwork.com to see that there is a recent ticket in "My Requests" to verify my profile in the middle of the night and the status was already solved before I knew anything about it. I'm guessing this is the reason why my account is suspended?

Ticket

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Edit* I sent documents this morning hoping this gets resolved quickly.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Geoff, 

We are working to keep Upwork secure and safe for everyone, and that includes making sure that people are who they say they are. So we may ask our customers to verify their identity. For more information, please see this article. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bobafett999
Community Member

This must be something new.  I was under the impression that buyers don't need anything to post their jobs!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Geoff, 

We are working to keep Upwork secure and safe for everyone, and that includes making sure that people are who they say they are. So we may ask our customers to verify their identity. For more information, please see this article. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bobafett999
Community Member

Avery: is this something new?

A step in right direction.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Geoff, I see that you have an active Freelancer account. Contact Upwork support and follow their steps for becoming an Upwork business. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths