🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Account Suspended
Page options
abc67884
Community Member

Account Suspended

My job post was removed twice, my account was suspended, no proof has been provided to support these claims. A rep named **Edited for Community Guidelines** threatened to take further action against me despite not providing any proof of policy violation.  I asked for proof, and now she's refusing to respond or re-activate my account. 

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

In general terms, what was your job post about?

What reason were you given for the job posts being removed?

abc67884
Community Member

I need a VO artist. I asked candidates to provide previous work samples that are done in the same tone I need just to ensure that they are able to perform the exact tone I need. 

I recieved this email -

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I never asked for free work, and nor is it even implied in there. It clearly stated that I want previous sampels as a reference to assess them, which is my right to do. i didn't ask them to record any part of the script to be considered. It was reported twice.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

If that was all then make it crystal clear in your future job post that you are not asking for custom samples.

I'll flag your post to get the attention of a moderator, so they can get someone from Support to reach out.

abc67884
Community Member

She refuses to provide any proof, and has stopped responding to my emails. I'm filing a complaint against her. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

abc67884
Community Member

I'm not planning on posting any other jobs here. I just want my complaint against the person who suspended my account to be addressed.

Thank you though 

Hi Ayman,

I have shared your concern with our team so that we can review this again. We will update you here or directly though email once we receive an update. Thank you for reaching out regarding this matter. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

My personal opinion,  I would not have jumped to the conclusion you were asking for free work. For whatever that's worth.

With that said, the job posting was not as point-blank-bluntly-stupidly clear as it could have been. However, it's also obvious from the typos and grammar mistakes in the Customer Service response the nuance of the English language was lost in translation.

Unless you can get special attention, your best bet is probably to wait until Monday so a Moderator can escalate your issue. Unfortunately, it's unlikely you will make much progress over the weekend.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths