🐈
» Forums » Clients » Account deactivated
Page options
simonaazi
Community Member

Account deactivated

I am a freelancer and all goes well with work. However, for my fashion brand, I needed to find a social media manager for Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. I created another account (as a client) and posted a job. Within minutes the account was deactivated stating that the job post is fraudulent. Excuse me, what? What is so wrong with looking for a social media manager??? Looks like I will have to find a freelancer elsewhere?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Anna:

There may have been some confusion on your part with regards to how to set things up so that you can hire as a client.

Upwork wants you to be able to do that, but what it wants you to do is to create a "client account" or "client company" or "client aspect" WITHIN your already-existing freelancer login account.

This means you will log into Upwork using the SAME username and the SAME password, but when you log in, you will switch between your "freelancer side" and your "client side."

The message you received was misleading. Think of it as a programming glitch, rather than an "accurate" message. The problem was not with your job posting. The problem was with your "second Upwork account."

Be a Client and a Freelancer

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 10.32.29 AM.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Anna:

There may have been some confusion on your part with regards to how to set things up so that you can hire as a client.

Upwork wants you to be able to do that, but what it wants you to do is to create a "client account" or "client company" or "client aspect" WITHIN your already-existing freelancer login account.

This means you will log into Upwork using the SAME username and the SAME password, but when you log in, you will switch between your "freelancer side" and your "client side."

The message you received was misleading. Think of it as a programming glitch, rather than an "accurate" message. The problem was not with your job posting. The problem was with your "second Upwork account."

Be a Client and a Freelancer

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 10.32.29 AM.png

Thank you, this really helped. I was unaware that it's possible to use one account. All fixed!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Anna D wrote:

I am a freelancer and all goes well with work. However, for my fashion brand, I needed to find a social media manager for Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. I created another account (as a client) and posted a job. Within minutes the account was deactivated stating that the job post is fraudulent. Excuse me, what? What is so wrong with looking for a social media manager??? Looks like I will have to find a freelancer elsewhere?

There is nothing wrong with looking for a social media manager. There is everything wrong with having 2 accounts. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear about your account status. Please consider following up on the last email sent to you and kindly communicate with our team through that email if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

We'll also follow up with the team about your case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
simonaazi
Community Member

Everything is fine thank you. I was unaware that it's not allowed to have a separate client account. I guess this is why the client account that I tried to create separately was deleted. Everything is fine now and I created my client account using my same freelancer account. 
Thanks!
Latest Articles
Learning Paths