Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account suspension

Ace Contributor
N T Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
11 of 31

Re-in-stated and it feeeels so gooood.

I have decided that it's easier to register to vote than it is to get ID verified on Upwork. Same kind of documentation, too. Still easier.

Time to spend more money! Smiley Tongue

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
12 of 31

Folks over in the freelancer forum wonder why there is a decline in listings...

Like Natasha said, we've heard reports about accounts randomly getting associated for over two months now. Since nearly every single feature on this site is broken, it's mind boggling that the blame for this one is placed on the affected clients and freelancers, rather than the site and their dev team. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 31

This is absolutely insane. Clients paying real money to contractors (and to Upwork) should not be treated this way!

If automated algorithms flag an client account for some reason, a human being within some level of intelligence and diplomacy can investigate the matter without blocking the client's activity.

I am sure in most cases the investigators will end up shaking their head, wondering what the algorithm programmers were thinking and hoping they can improve the algorithms so innocent people are not accused like this.

Yes, make every effort to get rid of the bad apples. But there is no reason to block the client during crazy witch hunts.

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
14 of 31

@Krisztina U wrote:

Like Natasha said, we've heard reports about accounts randomly getting associated for over two months now.

Now I'm worried by something I noticed a while ago.  At some point after the Upwork switch, this WDL (an old client of mine; contract paused for being idle) started to appear in my upper right account menu:

linked.jpg

Based on posts discussing other topics, I think that's where I would be expecting to find a client account of my own should I start to hire on Upwork.  So have I somehow been improperly associated/linked with WDL?  Do they also have access to my account (for the record, I have never clicked on their menu item to see what it does)?  Is my account (and theirs) at risk of suspension because of whatever has caused this?

Some answers would definitely be appreciated.

Community Guru
15 of 31

@Darrin O wrote:

Based on posts discussing other topics, I think that's where I would be expecting to find a client account of my own should I start to hire on Upwork.  So have I somehow been improperly associated/linked with WDL?  Do they also have access to my account (for the record, I have never clicked on their menu item to see what it does)?  Is my account (and theirs) at risk of suspension because of whatever has caused this?

That's exactly where your client account would show up. We can only speculate about the consequences but people were suspended over a lot less, and once under review it's the never ending story in three parts with Upwork, so I'd contact CS and try to get it fixed ASAP.

Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
16 of 31

You should delete the last row in the image.

Community Guru
17 of 31

@Michael R wrote:

You should delete the last row in the image.

No need to bother as the user names continue to be visible to this day when accessing the forum from a phone. I gave up 3+ months ago to get them to fix it. 

Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
18 of 31

@Krisztina U wrote:

No need to bother as the user names continue to be visible to this day when accessing the forum from a phone. I gave up 3+ months ago to get them to fix it. 

Thanks for the hint.

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
19 of 31

@Krisztina U wrote:
No need to bother as the user names continue to be visible to this day when accessing the forum from a phone.

I can see it in 2 clicks via the web interface, too.  If that's your last name, it put a smile on my face.  Smiley Happy

Community Guru
20 of 31

@Darrin O wrote:
I can see it in 2 clicks via the web interface, too.  If that's your last name, it put a smile on my face.  Smiley Happy

Ha, it is. I didn't even notice it in the web interface until just now. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS