🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Add a milestone BEFORE another milestone ...
Page options
b_lieb
Community Member

Add a milestone BEFORE another milestone - is that possible?

Is it possible to add a milestone before another milestone? Something changed in the project so I would like to add another milestone before the next milestone as they need to happen one after the other. I cannot approve the last milestone and add another as the last milestone will have to happen at the end of the project. What  want is add one BEFORE the last originally agreed milestone.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Berit,

I haven't checked your account yet, but wanted to confirm that you won't be able to edit a funded milestone. As a tip, you can also release a partial amount for the current milestone and use the remaining funds to fund subsequent milestones in order, and communicate with your freelancer internally on how you will proceed with the milestones/project.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Berit L wrote:

Is it possible to add a milestone before another milestone? Something changed in the project so I would like to add another milestone before the next milestone as they need to happen one after the other. I cannot approve the last milestone and add another as the last milestone will have to happen at the end of the project. What  want is add one BEFORE the last originally agreed milestone.

Unfortunately not, but why not just "re-purpose" the current milestone?

Either that, or maybe do the milestone you want to add as a separate little contract.

The third, and maybe most elegant option would be to release a Dollar on the current milestone, then set up the one you want to add, fund it with the money that is in Escrow and then, eventually add the "current" one at the end.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths