🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Add payment with Paypal Balance.
Page options
fbcee464
Community Member

Add payment with Paypal Balance.

Hello,

I need to deposit money to my project using Paypal but the way to choose payment option is only credit/debit card. 

How can I add payment with paypal balance? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Nguyen,

Please click on the option for Paypal on your billing method page, it's found below the credit/debit card option. Please check this help article to learn more. You might also find this thread helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.  

image.png

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
JoanneP

Hi Nguyen,

Please click on the option for Paypal on your billing method page, it's found below the credit/debit card option. Please check this help article to learn more. You might also find this thread helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.  

image.png

~ Joanne
Upwork
fbcee464
Community Member

Thanks for your support. Problem solved.

I am trying to do that but it is not working, it only shows options to charge my credit card (although I am uploading funds for a fixed price project)

Hi Mohamad,

Please click on the Add Method button under billing methods. You should be able to view this option:

image.png

Please let us know if you need further help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
b07d2023
Community Member

Even if I choose paypal it suggests to pay with my credit card, there is no option to pay with paypal balance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry,

Could you please add your PayPal as your billing method. In that case, you will be offered to use your PayPal for payments. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ykhammal
Community Member

I have the same issue, I can add Paypal as a billing method but within the Paypal authorization window I can only select a credit card in Paypal, not my Paypal balance.  I want to use my Paypal balance to paym NOT a credit card via Paypal.  How can I do that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yanis,

Please check this help article for more information about how to add and use Paypal as your billing method on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ykhammal
Community Member

Doesn't answer the question, how to use Paypal balance instead of credit
card linked to Paypal
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yanis, could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
punjcoder
Community Member

Not sure why upwork support is harping the same answer over and over again without resolving what many have pointed in the thread. The issue is not of using paypal, but inability to use paypal balance as the option, while same account is able to use balance on other vendors. This appears to be an issue with the way upwork has setup it paypal recieving account and not with the users. Please fix this.

Exactly and it appears they will not solve this. I want to pay only with PayPal balance and unfortunately I already posted a job and people are asking for it, so I am waiting to see if this issue will be resolved because I have no intention to use Paypal credit card as payment because then what is the difference to use Paypal credit card or just punch credit card number in? I use same card but I don't want to use my card fund, I want to get rid of the Paypal Balance first because rumors say once BTC gets accepted worldwide Paypal money will be as good as toilet paper, in fact, worse...

Hi Davor,

In order to be able to add PayPal as a billing method, you will need to have a Verified PayPal account. To learn more about our accepted billing methods and hot add one check out this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I don't mean to be rude, but are you guys even reading what we wrote above? Re-read, then comment. 

We are not talking about using Paypal, but more specifically using paypal credit on account.

Thanks,

Arvinder

Agree they are just beating around the bush

Hi Goran, I have the same issue here.

I select paypal as my billing method, but after autenticating on paypal, it ask me for a credit card.

I need to use my current paypal balance.

How can I do that?

I appreciatte for your help.

If you need screen captures to show you the process and explain it better, just let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Sergio,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan. I have checked my Paypal account.

It has balance in it. (With paypal balance as principal payment method)

It is a verified account.

It is not a student account.

When I try to add it from upwork, it ask me to enter a credit card info to add in paypal. And I just want to use the current paypal balance.

I think it is an integration issue made by upwork and not a paypal problem.

Thank you for the follow up Sergio,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your PayPal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You won't get any answer from the Upwork moderators - just useless B.S. answers.  Here's the simple answer: Paypal will automatically use your Paypal balance before they hit your credit card. That's all there is to it.

Thanks - working as you described. Yanis M

Thanks for your reply Yanis it said credit card but it actually credited the Paypal balance..

bagsyy
Community Member

Thank you so much Yanis

iaabraham
Community Member

Did any client ever successfully use their Paypal BALANCE to pay freelancers? I don't really want to hear from moderators on this issue, since they have been blatantly ignoring the main question on this thread.

I have, Paypal automatically uses my balance before charging the card

Thank you!

I have been trying for a while and can only use my credit card.

e7feb4d2
Community Member

Hi,

Paypal will charge your balance even if you chose the credit card as the payment during the process. Hope this help.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths