🐈
» Forums » Clients » Adding extra funds into milestone
Page options
hardorff
Community Member

Adding extra funds into milestone

I'm a freelancer and I have a question on behalf of my client who assigned me to do a job.

The situation is that the full price for the job is $1,050. The client only had $300 on his credit card and he therefore paid $300 into the milestone and we agreed on him adding the rest of the funds onto his credit card, so he could add the last $750.

Just now he tried to add the $750 into the milestone, but he wasn't able to, so he tried to make a seconds milestone, but he can't seem to add the funds into that one either.

My question is: How do he add the extra funds ino the first milestone?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jojomo
Community Member

Dimitri,

I don't believe you can. I had the same situation with a client recently. He just added a second milestone but I don't believe it can be funded or activated until the first milestone is approved.

Just do half or a third of the work, submit it -- the client will approve milestone 1. Then have him set up the second milestone with the remainder.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Dimitri H wrote:

I'm a freelancer and I have a question on behalf of my client who assigned me to do a job.

The situation is that the full price for the job is $1,050. The client only had $300 on his credit card and he therefore paid $300 into the milestone and we agreed on him adding the rest of the funds onto his credit card, so he could add the last $750.

Just now he tried to add the $750 into the milestone, but he wasn't able to, so he tried to make a seconds milestone, but he can't seem to add the funds into that one either.

My question is: How do he add the extra funds ino the first milestone?

Once you''ve done a third the client can release the first milestone, then (and only then) can he set up further milestones.

hardorff
Community Member

So it's not possible to add extra funds into the first milestone?

jojomo
Community Member

Dimitri,

I don't believe you can. I had the same situation with a client recently. He just added a second milestone but I don't believe it can be funded or activated until the first milestone is approved.

Just do half or a third of the work, submit it -- the client will approve milestone 1. Then have him set up the second milestone with the remainder.

hardorff
Community Member

Got it!
Thank you to the both of you Heart Heart

Latest Articles
Learning Paths