🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Adding friend's credit card to my Account
Page options
amijoy27
Community Member

Adding friend's credit card to my Account

Hi, I need to hire a freelancer for one of my job. I am just a student and I do not own a credit card. I want to add my friend's credit card to this account with his approval. So the name of the credit card owner and name of this account are not going to match. Will there be any transaction ($1 or $10) automatically done during verification process which is non-refundable? Is the credit card owner name, credit card number, cvv2 stored or accessed by up-work?
Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Ajoy,
It is okay to use a payment method that belongs to someone else if you have their permission to do so.  During the payment verification process, 2 charges that equal a total of $10 will show up as pending while the card is being verified but these will be refunded back to the card upon completion of the verification.
While Upwork does maintain information regarding payment methods used on Upwork, rest assured that the information is encrypted and secured safely for the protection of our users.

~Nina
petra_r
Community Member

@Ajoy R wrote:

1) Hi, I need to hire a freelancer for one of my job.

No, you don't, your client can hire a freelancer. Has your client given permission for you to subcontract?

2) I want to add my friend's credit card to this account with his approval. So the name of the credit card owner and name of this account are not going to match.

That is not necessarily a problem

3) Will there be any transaction ($1 or $10) automatically done during verification process which is non-refundable?

Yes, $ 10, which will be refunded

4) Is the credit card owner name, credit card number, cvv2 stored or accessed by up-work?
Yes, all of them.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths