🐈
» Forums » Clients » Adding milestone payments to a fixed price
Page options
4f6af0c3
Community Member

Adding milestone payments to a fixed price

Hi, I entered payment for a fixed price contract into escrow and we had agreed on what milestone payments but being new to the platform I hadn't set that up at the time of establishing the contract.

I have subsequently entered in milestone payments and it appears to add these in addition to the total fixed price cost for the contract.

The Pay Now button appears to be attached to the initial entire contract amount and when I click it, it appears like it will release the entire fixed price amount when what I want to do is only release a single milestone payment for a lesser amount.

The freelancer I am working with hasn't requested a milestone payment though we have agreed informally by message that the first milestone is complete.

There is a lock symbol next to the initial fixed payment amount I first entered so I can't see where it allows to edit that to break it into milestone payments

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Bruce,

Please note that you can only add, edit, delete, and rearrange unfunded milestones with the "Add or Edit Milestones" button on your contract page. Escrow rules limit you to funding one milestone at a time. Funds must be released on the current milestone before the next one can be activated and funded. You cannot change the order of active milestones; however, you can choose to release a partial payment. Any remaining funds can be used to fund the next milestone, or you can request an escrow refund for the remaining amount.

The due date of an active milestone cannot be changed. However, you and your freelancer can agree to change the due dates of upcoming milestones. You can check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Bruce,

Please note that you can only add, edit, delete, and rearrange unfunded milestones with the "Add or Edit Milestones" button on your contract page. Escrow rules limit you to funding one milestone at a time. Funds must be released on the current milestone before the next one can be activated and funded. You cannot change the order of active milestones; however, you can choose to release a partial payment. Any remaining funds can be used to fund the next milestone, or you can request an escrow refund for the remaining amount.

The due date of an active milestone cannot be changed. However, you and your freelancer can agree to change the due dates of upcoming milestones. You can check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths