🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Address invoice
Page options
_tazz_
Community Member

Address invoice

Good morning,

I have the following problem: my company partner and I, want to open a company and we want to address the upwork invoice to our future company.

Is it possible to pay now the freelancer, addressing the invoice to me and then, when we will open our company, addressing the invoice to it?

Looking forward your response, thanks
Francesco

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Francesco,

Company contact address is included on invoices. That address can be updated anytime under Settings › My Info.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tta192
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Francesco,

Company contact address is included on invoices. That address can be updated anytime under Settings › My Info.

Thank you!

Would that happen retroactively ? If so, would the "client name" on past invoices change ?

These invoices are used by freelancers on their end too, so once created they shouldn't be 'updated' at all.

tta192
Community Member

Francesco M wrote:

Good morning,

I have the following problem: my company partner and I, want to open a company and we want to address the upwork invoice to our future company.

Is it possible to pay now the freelancer, addressing the invoice to me and then, when we will open our company, addressing the invoice to it?

Looking forward your response, thanks
Francesco

The invoices are not from Upwork, they just create them in the freelancer's name. That is, you're the buyer / the freelancer is the seller.

What you can do is agree with the freelancer and (both of you) ignore the invoices created by Upwork.

The freelancer will then issue a new invoice from him (as seller) to your company (as the buyer). But it's important you both agree to this, and each of you register the same invoice in accounting.

But all the above won't help you much, since you're talking about a future company which doesn't exist at the moment. You'd have to justify payments made from before the company exited - your accountant won't like that.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths