🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Address may only include letters, digits,...
Page options
4ba99d63
Community Member

Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound. City

When I tried to hire, I´ve got this error.

I tried with several browsers.

Nobody at upwork support or coworkers did help me yet. Maybe, upwork needs no new clients or money?

😉

Does anybody know, what´s wrong with that error?

Thank You!

Kind regards, Dirk

82 REPLIES 82
petra_r
Community Member

Are you trying to use "funny" letters like ö ä ü ß maybe?

If so try "Muenchen" instead of "München" or "Schneiderstrasse" instead of "Scheiderstraße" for example

649d0262
Community Member

I am getting the same exact problem. Can someone who has overcome this problem please advise?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Dirk and Joel,

Could you please edit the text so it includes only letters of English alphabet as Petra suggested? Let us know if you continue experiencing the issue after that.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

More work needs to be done on the design of this page and its error messaging. I kept getting this error on the hire page and there is no Address field on this page. I was really stumped about what it was referring to. Should at least say billing address or explain the error in clearer terms. Maybe also a link to the billing information page.

Hi Renaldo,

I'm sorry for the frustration this caused and I will share your feedback with the team. I see that you have successfully posted a job but please let us know if you need any more assistance.

~Nina

Hey i still got the Problem.
Could you tell why this errors happens, so others know how to solve it.

greets

Hi Islam,

Our team is still working to resolve this issue. In the mean time, since some UTF symbols cause this issue, as a workaround you can stick to symbols that can be inputted with only standard English keyboard (without additional coding of any symbols), and you should be completely fine. In case you still have issues, please copy-paste the text you enter, we will advise what to modify, until the bug is resolved by the team. Thank you.

~Nina

i am trying to hire someone and i keep getting this error, don't know how to solve it but it's a pain and there are no user path to fix or look for the error. i am about to give up.

Hi Deniz,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I am getting this error on the hiring page (for a contract)! There is no address field and I have no special characters anywhere in the form. This is blocking me from hiring. Please advise how to resolve this.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phaedra, 

It looks like you were able to hire a freelancer already. Please don't forget to add your mobile/phone number on this page.

~ Avery
Upwork
658fb966
Community Member

Hey what is wrong with your system I am getting this as well!!!! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cynthia,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

City may only include letters, digits, space, dash and apostrophe. Should include at least one letter.

Please why I m getting the error message?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angel, 

Could you please complete your address, and phone/mobile number on this page? Let me know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello

I have the same problem right now. Could you tell me if the error apply to job-description only, or if it could be about signs within an attached file, or even in the billing-address (although the billing method were already accepted).

Thanks!

Erik Arnaldo

Same problem here.

I even don't know WHERE I can change the city name.... ??

Pls help!

Hi Kim, 

Our team will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further. Account information can be changed/updated by going to Settings > My Info.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

got the same complication, can not hire a freelancer cause of the same reason as the other person. Could you please help me, too? I want to hire some people at the official way...

thx

Nik

Hi Nikita,

Our team will reach out to you as soon as possible and assist you further with hiring your freelancer, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also getting this issue. There's no weird text in my address. It's a PO BOx.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, David. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same problem, this is very problematic. 

Please help me I am in need of assisstance

Hi Japinder...this is the Solution. 🙂

1. Go to your Profile image top right, click on SETTINGS

2. Then click on  Billing Methods on the Left.

3. Scroll down, go to your Primary Credit card... click on 3 dots (...) select EDIT

4. Then in your address look for any characters that ARE NOT allowed on Upwork

for example in City...I put  St.Paul.,.. Upwork does not allow periods, so I put

Saint Paul and it worked! **Just make sure to check you don't have characters

that are not english,etc, can't remember exactly which ones aren't allowed.

Hope this helps. 

This helped thanks It works now

Same problem for me

Hi Hugo,

Try adding your address without using any special characters. If you`re still having the same problem after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

got the same problem, pls assist. 

Hi Pat,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Do I have to create the ticket ?

Many Thanks!

Hi Pat,

One our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket, you do not need to create a ticket. I checked your account and it looks like one of our team members already reached out to you to assist directly. If you have any questions, please feel free to post it on the ticket so that the agent can assist you further, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c9e41177
Community Member

Do not send those again please thanks

have same problem

Hi Sascha,

Please go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and add your full address. If you`re still receiving the same error after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also receiving this error and with no unusual letters as its written in english.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard,

Please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. 

If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

it seems like this problem is still not solved, as its now November already and I'm getting the same failure message over and over again. Would be great if you could do something against it soon 🙂

Thank you, 

Anna

Hi Jure,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket directly to assist you further with your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's not working for me and I have only common characters. It's very annoying, I need to hire someone right now...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths