🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Address may only include letters, digits,...
Page options
4ba99d63
Community Member

Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound. City

When I tried to hire, I´ve got this error.

I tried with several browsers.

Nobody at upwork support or coworkers did help me yet. Maybe, upwork needs no new clients or money?

😉

Does anybody know, what´s wrong with that error?

Thank You!

Kind regards, Dirk

82 REPLIES 82

+1 - had this same issue and it was incredibly frustrating.

Hello Scholars O, 

Can you please send me a private message of the screenshot of the error you are receiving for us to further assist you? 

Thank you.

Untitled

Hello,

I have the same mistake.

Please check out this contract **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thx!

Hi Olesya, 

I checked and I don't see any errors on your job post. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
effeabb5
Community Member

Hello,

An error appears in this step. I can not hire a freelancer.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Olesya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, this shows up: Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound. - when I try to hire a freelancer. I don't have anything of the above. Can you help? My account email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Fei,

In order to be able to hire your freelancer you will need to add your address. To do this, go to Settings > My Info > Company Contact and add your full address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f4d09018
Community Member

Hey, I got the same error and resolved it by going to Settings -> My Info -> Address and removing the special character (in my case a ß) and going back to the poposal afterwards.

I hope this helps!

Hi there,

I had the same issue.

It was fixed when I filled out my address details. I guess empty address fields cause that problem as well and not just special characters. Cheers.

Hey i solved it also by replacing 'ß' with 'ss'.
Thanks!

Hey upwork, you should put this bug on your highest urgency level.

For an international platform this is very annoying. I have the same problem. Seems like because my name is written with an "ö". Now I can't use PayPal and have to use my Credit Card, which means I have to wait some days to verify.

Hi Joerg,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you and thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our product managers. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same problem! Why doesn't that issue get fixed!? I want to hire someone but can't!!!

Hi Milan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello again

The problem seems to be solved when one updates his contact information, as suggested.

Please change the error message, indicating one has to go to Settings > My Info  etc.  -  and people will get it  🙂

Best,

Erik Arnaldo

Hi! I have the same problem! What should I do to solve it?

Hi Evgeniya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am currently having this error no mather what I do.

Hi Sonder,

I see that you have been on a live chant and one of our customer support agents assisted you with this. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2396a530
Community Member

I have the same error and I'm about to give about, already tried to change everything in the text and it stil appears the same error.

Hi Georgi,

Our team will reach out to you and assist you further with setting up your address, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need urgently hire a freelancer and I can't do this because I have this error
Address may only include letters, digits, ...

Hi Olena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your address, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem here. Can't hire freelancer:

"Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound."

Hi Carsten,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, have the same problem. 

Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound.
City may only include letters, digits, space, dash and apostrophe. Should include at least one letter.

Best regards

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your address, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How this is possible website like this have a basic problem with that kind of error. 

I am trying to hire a frolancer and get this message:

"

Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound.

"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

I've escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further. 

In the meantime, please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please share any question on your support ticket and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b79babd8
Community Member

Hi,

I had the problem just now and I found the solution. The problem is the address with your paiement method. I had "é" in the address. I just changed by "e" and now it works!

have a good day

i have the same error, can you help me with it

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Merve, 

Please try updating your address and phone number on this page. Once the information has been filled up, you should be able to start hiring on Upwork. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
2781b14e
Community Member

I'm getting the same error

City may only include letters, digits, space, dash and apostrophe. Should include at least one letter.

And not use funny letter.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiromu,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with updating your address information.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bc095a67
Community Member

Hello,

I am encountering this issue as well. 

Please advise.

Hi Milan, 

One of our team members will reach out to you through an email to assist you with updating your address. 

28dac999
Community Member

Hi guys i am also having this problem and unable to figure out how to correct it, I didnt use any unusual letters in my address, as it is St. John's Newfoundland  unless the apostrophe is considered to be an unusual letter.  If someone could please contact me to advise me how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated as i have someone i would like to hire here and have a lot of other jobs which i will be looking to freelance out as well.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mike, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with updating your address on your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
d5aad1b0
Community Member

Hi Dirk,

I got that message too but solved it.

1. go to ur profile image top right, click on SETTINGS

2. click Billing Methods on top left

3. then you see ur card, there are 3 dots on right to click "edit"

4. then change City or any field that has the wrong characters...

in my case I had put St.Paul... Upwork doesn't allow periods, so

I put Saint Paul instead and it worked!

Hope that helps others. 🙂

Latest Articles
Learning Paths