cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound. City

Dirk G Member Since: Jan 16, 2018
1 of 68

When I tried to hire, I´ve got this error.

I tried with several browsers.

Nobody at upwork support or coworkers did help me yet. Maybe, upwork needs no new clients or money?

;-)

Does anybody know, what´s wrong with that error?

Thank You!

Kind regards, Dirk

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 68

Are you trying to use "funny" letters like ö ä ü ß maybe?

If so try "Muenchen" instead of "München" or "Schneiderstrasse" instead of "Scheiderstraße" for example

Joel G Member Since: Feb 9, 2018
3 of 68

I am getting the same exact problem. Can someone who has overcome this problem please advise?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 68

Dirk and Joel,

Could you please edit the text so it includes only letters of English alphabet as Petra suggested? Let us know if you continue experiencing the issue after that.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Renaldo B Member Since: Feb 14, 2018
5 of 68

More work needs to be done on the design of this page and its error messaging. I kept getting this error on the hire page and there is no Address field on this page. I was really stumped about what it was referring to. Should at least say billing address or explain the error in clearer terms. Maybe also a link to the billing information page.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
6 of 68

Hi Renaldo,

I'm sorry for the frustration this caused and I will share your feedback with the team. I see that you have successfully posted a job but please let us know if you need any more assistance.

~Nina
Untitled
Islam B Member Since: Feb 22, 2018
7 of 68

Hey i still got the Problem.
Could you tell why this errors happens, so others know how to solve it.

greets

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
8 of 68

Hi Islam,

Our team is still working to resolve this issue. In the mean time, since some UTF symbols cause this issue, as a workaround you can stick to symbols that can be inputted with only standard English keyboard (without additional coding of any symbols), and you should be completely fine. In case you still have issues, please copy-paste the text you enter, we will advise what to modify, until the bug is resolved by the team. Thank you.

~Nina
Untitled
Deniz C Member Since: Apr 5, 2018
9 of 68

i am trying to hire someone and i keep getting this error, don't know how to solve it but it's a pain and there are no user path to fix or look for the error. i am about to give up.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 68

Hi Deniz,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS