cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound. City

Olesya K Member Since: Jun 10, 2018
31 of 63

Hello,

An error appears in this step. I can not hire a freelancer.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
32 of 63

Hi Olesya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

Untitled
Piet T Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
33 of 63

Hey, I got the same error and resolved it by going to Settings -> My Info -> Address and removing the special character (in my case a ß) and going back to the poposal afterwards.

I hope this helps!

Ubeydullah K Member Since: Mar 1, 2018
34 of 63

Hi there,

I had the same issue.

It was fixed when I filled out my address details. I guess empty address fields cause that problem as well and not just special characters. Cheers.

Islam B Member Since: Feb 22, 2018
35 of 63

Hey i solved it also by replacing 'ß' with 'ss'.
Thanks!

Joerg P Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
36 of 63

Hey upwork, you should put this bug on your highest urgency level.

For an international platform this is very annoying. I have the same problem. Seems like because my name is written with an "ö". Now I can't use PayPal and have to use my Credit Card, which means I have to wait some days to verify.

37 of 63

Hi Joerg,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you and thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our product managers. 

Untitled
Milan H Member Since: Jun 20, 2018
38 of 63

I'm having the same problem! Why doesn't that issue get fixed!? I want to hire someone but can't!!!

39 of 63

Hi Milan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

Untitled
Arnaldo H Member Since: Aug 6, 2018
40 of 63

Hello again

The problem seems to be solved when one updates his contact information, as suggested.

Please change the error message, indicating one has to go to Settings > My Info  etc.  -  and people will get it  Smiley Happy

Best,

Erik Arnaldo

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS