cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound. City

Erwan F Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
71 of 83

Hi,

I had the problem just now and I found the solution. The problem is the address with your paiement method. I had "é" in the address. I just changed by "e" and now it works!

have a good day

Merve O Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
72 of 83

i have the same error, can you help me with it

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
73 of 83

Hi Merve, 

Please try updating your address and phone number on this page. Once the information has been filled up, you should be able to start hiring on Upwork. Let us know if the issue persists. 

-Avery
Untitled
Hiromu S Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
74 of 83

I'm getting the same error

Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound.
Address may only include letters, digits, space, dash, comma, dot, slash, apostrophe and pound.
City may only include letters, digits, space, dash and apostrophe. Should include at least one letter.

And not use funny letter.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
75 of 83

Hi Hiromu,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with updating your address information.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Milan L Member Since: Mar 10, 2019
76 of 83

Hello,

I am encountering this issue as well. 

Please advise.

Community Guru
Cray H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
77 of 83

Hi Milan, 

One of our team members will reach out to you through an email to assist you with updating your address. 

- Mary
Untitled
Mike D Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
78 of 83

Hi guys i am also having this problem and unable to figure out how to correct it, I didnt use any unusual letters in my address, as it is St. John's Newfoundland  unless the apostrophe is considered to be an unusual letter.  If someone could please contact me to advise me how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated as i have someone i would like to hire here and have a lot of other jobs which i will be looking to freelance out as well.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
79 of 83

Hi Mike, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with updating your address on your account.

-Avery
Untitled
Jonathan H Member Since: Mar 30, 2019
80 of 83

Hi Dirk,

I got that message too but solved it.

1. go to ur profile image top right, click on SETTINGS

2. click Billing Methods on top left

3. then you see ur card, there are 3 dots on right to click "edit"

4. then change City or any field that has the wrong characters...

in my case I had put St.Paul... Upwork doesn't allow periods, so

I put Saint Paul instead and it worked!

Hope that helps others. Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS