cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise from people using a virtual assistant

Matt J Member Since: Nov 23, 2009
1 of 12
I have a small company. It is just me. I need to hire a virtual assistant to call my customers and ask how their inventory is. Very simple. What I am struggling with is the phone system. Right now I use my cell phone to do business. I need an inexpensive way to have my virtual assistant call out and a consistency with my customers. If I hire a virtual assistant and have them use their phone then my customers would see my assistant's number on their caller ID and may be confused on who is calling them, especially if the virtual assistant quits and a new one is hired. I like Google voice because you can get a number and forward to any phone you want. It is great for incoming calls but the call out system seems slow. Is there a way that I can have my virtual assistant call out on their phone and my customers see the phone number I want such as a Google voice number which could be set up to forward to my assistant's phone? Thanks Matt
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
2 of 12
Have you thought of using Skype for your business needs? Any virtual work I do is always with Skype. It's virtually free, to many degrees, and works out great. However, I'm not sure if you can plug in a business number for any individual who might work for you? It might be something you can look into. I do know it is highly convenient!
Daniel John B Member Since: Oct 3, 2013
3 of 12
Ya, and you can buy a Skype phone number - for anywhere in world (I think). I had a British skype number, while living in Italy. I guess you could set up a skype account with Skype phone number and let the person you hire use that account(?).
Employee
Heather W Employee Member Since: Aug 7, 2012
4 of 12
Hi Matt - I believe Vonage has a router that you can have shipped to them. It comes with its own number but you can always forward the calls.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 12
You can have a Skype business account which you manage through Skype Manager. You can forward numbers, or use a number you want as your caller ID. You have control over the account. There is a fee for credits of the accounts, but you maintain control of the account if someone leaves. You can forward calls to Skype which is quite nice with even the small packages like US/CA is only $2.99 a month for unlimited.
Kyle B Member Since: Dec 5, 2011
6 of 12
I've been debating the same thing, although not for a virtual assistant. I also have been using my Google Voice number, but I think I may move away from that. I have been considering moving to Ring Central (ringcentral.com). Another company that may have what you need is Ringio, but I don't know much about them. See the feature here: http://www.ringio.com/f/hosted-pbx/business-caller-id/ Ring Central allows you to set up an automated attendant, dynamically route calls, add VOIP phones (similar to Vonage), and a lot of other cool features. Not sure if the price will be within your budget though. Another more simply option might be to set up your VA with a Vonage line and just have them block their number when they make outbound calls. That way the other party sees no number at all. Good luck. Let me know if you find any better options.
Bill B Member Since: Jan 31, 2014
7 of 12
Intermedia's VoIP service will handle this as will MegaPath and likely RingCentral. The nice thing with Intermedia is that it can integrate with their Lync offering (click to call) so you guys can IM and it will also show presence. That way he/she will know that you're on a call, in a meeting, etc.
Pretty H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
8 of 12

Hi - Check out Mojosells http://www.mojosells.com/ 

Their basic subscription is only $10 per month for unlimited calls to phone numbers in USA and Canada. I'm not sure if you can call outside these countries though.

I won't recommend Skype. They restricted my account because of "violation of their terms of use". I guess it was because of calling so many numbers within a short period of time.

You may also consider MagicJack but you will need to ship the device to your VA. This option may be a bit costly and is only advisable if you have established long-term commitment with the VA.

Pretty H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
9 of 12

CORRECTION:

I just found Mojosells' basic account does not include "calling".

I am now using Sonetel.com and it works great. You can purchase an online number and upgrade to premium so you can make unlimited calls to US and Canada. You need to download a softphone / desktop phone app so you can dial from your computer.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
10 of 12

It's OK Pretty, they are already gone.

The question you are answering to was asked 3 years ago.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS