🐈
» Forums » Clients » Affects of editing an existing job
Page options
13b0bd5e
Community Member

Affects of editing an existing job

If I have an existing job (invite-only) that I've posted and have even hired for, and then I make some modifications to the description or other job details (i.e. wage, duration) - will the freelancers that I've already sent the job to (or hired) see those changes?  Or will they simply see the job posting as it originally was?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

If the freelancers that were hired for the project visits the job post, they will see the changees made to the job post. If you don't want them to see the edits you have made, I would recommend that you setup a new (invite-only) job post.

~ Avery
Upwork

Michael, if it makes you feel any better... As a freelancer, once I have been hired for a job, it has never entered my mind to go back and look at the job post which originally led to the job. Once I have been hired, the contract in place is the governing document. The job post - edited or not - has nothing to do with me.

It does make me feel better!  And it also gave me a laugh.  

Thanks for your message!  

Btw...I wasn't looking to do anything untoward with respect to the original freelancer (or even change the job to offer more money than he had been contracted for).  I made the job post with some minor things making it specific to that freelancer thinking that they were the only one I was going to hire.  I'm considering making additional hires for the same job, and wanted to change some of the language.  

Tell me....the reason I hadn't wanted to create a new job post was because I didn't want to unnecessarily sabotage my 'hire rate'.  Is this something that freelancers actually look at when evaluating whether or not to take a job?

re: "Is this something that freelancers actually look at when evaluating whether or not to take a job?"

Maybe some do.

Others don't.

My opinion: Unless your "hire rate" is really low.... like zero, or under 25%... I doubt many freelancers would be worried about it.

Personally, I routinely work for brand new clients, so they have no hire rate at all.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths