Did you mean: 

Re: Affiliate Program

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
41 of 46

Preston H wrote:

re: "What's the point if they think the site sucks?"

There's a difference between actually having experience with something and deciding it sucks, versus proclaiming it sucks because other people said so.

Here's the thing: If you look up stuff on the Internet, then EVERYTHING sucks. According to the Internet:

Upwork sucks. Upwork's competitors all suck. All the big companies suck. All the major products suck. All the politicians, actors, writers, artists, police, firefighters, doctors and Kindergarten teachers suck. Shakespeare definitely sucks. Ice cream sucks. Kittens suck. Happiness sucks.

True ... everything does suck according to the interwebs. But I'd leave off kittens and ice cream from that list. Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
42 of 46

kitty.jpg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
43 of 46

Virginia F wrote:

They're a head-scratcher, the people who think Upwork sucks, yet go ahead and set up a profile. What's the point if they think the site sucks?

I think people who talk nonstop about how much Upwork sucks but stay have no success anywhere. When a person has no success, that leaves two basic choices: accept responsibility and figure out what he/she can do better, or find something/someone else to blame. Blaming Upwork liberates a failed freelancer from putting in the work to become a success.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
44 of 46

William Travis H wrote:

Upwork sucks. Why on earth would you promote/recommend this site?

Maybe that's a little strong. Upwork is fantastic if you are willing to work for $10 an hour, so maybe that is your target audience. 

Elance? Now there was a site worth promoting. 

If you're willing to work for $10/hour, then there are probably tens of thousands of freelancers virtually identical to you competing for jobs and you'll likely do very poorly here. On the other hand, everyone I know who charges in the $100/hour range is doing quite well here.

Highlighted
Mittie S Member Since: Sep 9, 2020
45 of 46

I do pretty good here.. I've been on here since 2014 when it was still Elance. I just started working more projects here since the pandemic however, it's been a life saver! 

Sylvia O Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
46 of 46

i  want to become affliacte program how much will i get

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS