🐈
» Forums » Clients » After issuing contract to freelancer, can I a...
Page options
3037d71b
Community Member

After issuing contract to freelancer, can I approve hours before payment to them?

I have issued some contracts to a few freelancers and noted that I was billed before any approval or actions on my end?

This was after they had submitted their work to me but I hadn't had the chance to review the work before the payment was released.

If this is how Upwork works, then no problem. New to this so wanted to find out more.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anrie,

I checked your account and I can see that the most recent payment you've had is for a fixed price contract. When a freelancer has submitted their work on their milestone you will have 14 days to review their work and take actions from your end. You will be able to approve the payment or request for revisions.
When you're hiring freelancers on hourly contracts, every Monday you will be billed for hours they have tracked in the previous week. 
The review period will also start on Monday and you will be able to review the Work Diary until Friday the same week. 
If something is still confusing, feel free to reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details and the contract titles. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths