Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age of candidate

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
21 of 25

@Irene B wrote:

I wonder whether I qualify as a cougar? What exactly are cougar-status criteria?

If anyone would qualify to be a cougar it's me. I've been in the game since the late 70's and still living happily as a cougar. Smiley Happy 

geigerj
Community Guru
Julianne G Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
22 of 25

I agree, this should be added as a filter, along with martial status, religious preference, ethnicity, political affiliation, and sexual orientation.

babzward
Community Guru
Barbara W Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
23 of 25

If there was a sexual orientation search, I'd apply to every gay job on here.

Oh wait. I kinda already do. Carry on.

- Barbara Herrera -
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
24 of 25

re: "I agree, this should be added as a filter, along with martial status, religious preference, ethnicity, political affiliation, and sexual orientation."

Nothing wrong with having filters for any of these things.

These are filters and settings found on dating sites and social media sites.

As someone who values freedom and libertarian ideals, I have no problem whatsoever with a website that wants to ask about or create filters for these things. But I genuinely don't believe these things are relevant on Upwork or that having this information would help clients or contractors in any way.

And before anybody ways anything about legality... Of course I am aware of the fact that some of these things are constrained by laws. But even if they were not, Upwork would not add them.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 25

Cheyenne did you see that ad on Upwork? If so, you should probably report it . . . the Internet and Urban dictionary don't always define it as being a four-legged creature related to the puma or domestic cat . . .especially when modified by that particular adjective . . .

Just sayin' Cat Wink

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS