I found some bits and pieces on Google but wanted to create a thread to inquire. I had no idea what I was really doing back when I started this project. I dont have the FTP / SQL credentials as they are stored at the Agency I hired through upwork.
I am requesting the company send me my login details so my friend can review, but they are now being very shady and validating what my friend basically assumed was going on. I realize I may have over paid which i dont mind I just want the final project.
If I dont get my login details in the next 24 hours, where can I create a ticket? I think this is the most unprofessional thing and I left this company many good reviews. In a way its also my fault not having the login details (recently started learning internet security and I'm setting up my virtual machines etc.)
1) started a project back in september 2017
2) project took a break in june 2018 (code)
3) project started again November 2018 (design)
4) project finished design (june 2019)
5) project on its last hurdle (code) (July 2019)
6) friend works as a software consultant - wants to review the code (aug 2019) - claims the rate is being over charged now. Regardless of the time it has taken to build the project, it still would have been cheaper than building it in Canada.
7) asked for company to create a partition so my friend can review the code
8) did not receive the FTP partition so my friend can review the code. I told the Agency I know they took a long time doing tasks, but I dont mind cause it still would have been cheaper than building it in Canada.
9) Whats the procedure getting my logins and making sure they deliver without trying to screw me over (example: they provide a previous backup out of spite)
Edit: I have about one more payment I will send them and that's it. I know how much is completed and it is only a little bit more left to do. I imagine before I send the final payment, I will request everything including logins so I can transfer them somewhere else if needed
Sorry you had issues with the Agency you worked with on Upwork, James. It sounds like you're currently communicating with them and expect them to provide you the product. If you still have some disagreements, feel free to contact support or let us know here in the Community and we'll further assist.