🐈
» Forums » Clients » Agency freelancer asking to change profiles
Page options
326940a5
Community Member

Agency freelancer asking to change profiles

I just hired an agency in India to improve my website. We discussed the project and I gave him the credentials to my site. He has not started work yet. He's asking me to hire him from another profile. It's not clear why this would be necessary. Is this a legitimate request?

12 REPLIES 12
dzadza
Community Member


Drew O wrote:

I just hired an agency in India to improve my website. We discussed the project and I gave him the credentials to my site. He has not started work yet. He's asking me to hire him from another profile. It's not clear why this would be necessary. Is this a legitimate request?


call me paranoid, but I would immediately change website credentials and after that - cancel the job.

freelancers   can't have more than one profile here - and this request sounds fishy, to say the least.

anyway - before you do anything - change login credentials for your site

326940a5
Community Member

Hi Sanja. Thanks for your reply. I'm also wondering if I'm being paranoid. It just seemed like a strange request.

dzadza
Community Member


Drew O wrote:

Hi Sanja. Thanks for your reply. I'm also wondering if I'm being paranoid. It just seemed like a strange request.


no prob ;-). and no - on a second thought, we're not paranoid - just cautious. 

and you probably saved yourself from a big headache... for me the most important thing (when it comes to online work) is trust. You should know who are you working with...
326940a5
Community Member

Agreed. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Drew,

 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for flagging this job to us. I was able to gather the required information about your report. I'll share this with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
326940a5
Community Member

Thanks Bojan. Should I continue to work with this agency? Or are there concerns because of what they are asking me to do?

mtngigi
Community Member


Drew O wrote:

Thanks Bojan. Should I continue to work with this agency? Or are there concerns because of what they are asking me to do?


Yes, there are concerns ... with big red flags flying. As advised, change your credentials asap.

326940a5
Community Member

thanks for your help

dzadza
Community Member


Drew O wrote:

Thanks Bojan. Should I continue to work with this agency? Or are there concerns because of what they are asking me to do?


the  very  fact that you're asking yourself  that question gives you an answer.

and if you haven't done that already - change the credentials immediately 

326940a5
Community Member

done. thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Drew, 


Bojan has reported this to the team and they are currently investigating the accounts involved. We will not be able to share any details about the action our team will take, but can confirm that if there is a ToS violation, the freelancer's account will be actioned on, as we won't permit a behaviour which was already sanctioned.


~ Avery
Upwork
326940a5
Community Member

I have changed all credentials and closed the job I hired him for. He's still contactin me via Upwork messaging. Is there a way to block him?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths