Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreement before deposit

Nick M Member Since: Sep 25, 2017
1 of 3

Hello everyone.

I need your help to clarify one moment.

I want to make an order with fix price. And I want to give this order only to one person.But I don't know, if this freelancer will accept it with this price.

Now I faced with problem, that I deposit for example 100 USD and freelancer want 120 USD. And I should wait refund (5 days) and only after it I can create new order with updated amount.

Is it possible to ask a freelancer before pay a deposit?

Thanks in advance.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

Yes.

You can talk to the freelancer before you deposit the payment in escrow. That is a good idea, to make sure you're on the same page and agree to the amount.

You are able to communicate with any freelancer who has sent you a job proposal, or any freelancer who accepted an invitation from you to "interview."

You can use Upwork messenger to clarify the fixed-price milestone amount and then make the deposit as part of the hire offer.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Nick,

If you're unsure about sending a direct offer to a freelancer, you can post an invite-only job and invite the freelancer in question to bid on it. That way once they submit a proposal you'll be able to discuss and agree on the price before you send them an offer.

Please review the client resources we shared here and let us know if you need further guidance.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS