cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alert to Upwork Management : Upwork support keeps closing my support request without answering

Yacine K Member Since: Oct 14, 2015
11 of 17

Actually Marcia there are 2 options when signing up as a client  (company signup or Individual signup), see screenshot below :

Upwork client signup.jpg

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 17

@Yacine K wrote:

Actually Marcia there are 2 options when signing up as a client  (company signup or Individual signup), see screenshot below :

Upwork client signup.jpg

Hi Yacine,

Sorry about the confusion. The two options, Company Sign Up and Individual Sign Up, for a client account are basically the same thing but the first one allows users  to provide their company name if they wish to. If a user signed up as a company but doesn't have a company name, they can just put their name as the company name.

Once again, we apologize the explanation provided by the Customer Support were not clear initially.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
13 of 17

Yacine,

I'm sorry about your experience. I checked your tickets and can confirm the agent followed up with correct information since initially you did ask how to create an individual account. I can also confirm your tickets were merged in the way and for reasons Petra described, and you did receive a reply on one of the additional tickets you submitted before it was closed and merged with others. 

"Since I posted this rant, someone finally handled the request in a normal way! It took several days and a public complaint for Support to stop playing this game of closing successive requests without addressing them"

I see you received 3 replies on your initial ticket on Tuesday, within three hours after submitting the request, and two more replies on Wednesday.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or submit a request to our Customer Support team.

14 of 17

I did receive several replies that were completely besides the point. After these replies, as I tried to clarify, Support stopped answering and just closed my successive requests.

I apologize to other members for the following level of detail, but people need to know what the Support experience is really like.

• **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Halleluiah... How difficult was that ? hadn't I posted the issue to the forum, this request would long be defunct without answer.  

Upwork, please review your client Support system ! 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 17

Hi Yacine,

I edited your comment since it's a violation of our Community Guidelines to "post email content, chat transcripts or other private communication" in the Community.

I trust you can appreciate the importance of sharing accurate information, especially if referencing replies from our Support team, in order to avoid creating a confusion in the Community.

16 of 17

Of course I expected more censorship from your crew.  My post did nothing more than give a precise recap of the issue, summarizing what had been exchanged without quoting the full content.  It clearly showed that your last post stating Support had correctly done its job was incorrect.  There was no sensitive information nor anything incriminating, aside from the fact that my requests were repeatedly being closed by Support without answering them in order to get rid of the problem.  The attitude here is the same, just like Support kept closing the requests they didn´t like, you've just cut off my summary post which cast some transparency on this issue. Again, it's that feeling of being faced with an almighty Customer Support beast that will shut you up and there's nothing you can do about it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
17 of 17
I signed up as a client when I was already logged into a freelancer account. It looks like the interface is different when you are joining Upwork for the first time.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS