🐈
» Forums » Clients » Amount requested higher than budget
Page options
46c73dcf
Community Member

Amount requested higher than budget

Hi.

I wanted to test the UpWork for the first time and created a simple formatting job in Excel with a budget of USD 10.

The job is now done but the amount requested is USD 20. Is this normal? Does this amount include any UpWork costs I was not aware of? Or is it the freelancer asking for double pay? If it is the latter and he does not agree with decreasing the amount to the one that was agreed, what is the dispute mechanism? The only thing I seem to be able to do is to either pay or request changes to the document.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lukas,

Just to clarify, at the moment you were charged only $10 and the funds are in Escrow.

When your freelancer submitted their work they have increased the amount from their end as well. By requesting changes, the payment request will be declined and you can discuss this further with your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lukas,

Just to clarify, at the moment you were charged only $10 and the funds are in Escrow.

When your freelancer submitted their work they have increased the amount from their end as well. By requesting changes, the payment request will be declined and you can discuss this further with your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran. Thanks for the quick response!

Lukas:
For what it's worth:
What you experienced is extremely unusual.

Although it is technically possible for a freelancer to enter a number into the "amount requested" field which is HIGHER than the original, agreed-upon amount... It is very rare that a freelancer will actually do something like that.

Thanks, Preston, much appreciated.

We have established that it was an honest mistake from his side.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths