🐈
» Forums » Clients » An error has occurred while trying to hire so...
Page options
a69e9b00
Community Member

An error has occurred while trying to hire someone

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct "location" for this question, but I am having trouble trying to hire a freelancer. I have not had any issues until just today. When trying to hire a freelancer to the job it will not let me know matter what I do. I've tried logging out and in again and am not sure what the issue is. It has been going on for about an hour. Is this just a system issue that will correct itself or is it something on either mine or the freelancers end? Thank you! Attached is a screenshot with the error message. 

52 REPLIES 52
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Austin, 

I can see that you were able to send an offer to this freelancer a few hours ago. The issue was because you haven't set up your billing method yet. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork
09d44602
Community Member

Dear Avery ,

I ve got similar issue I am getting an error message while trying to hire a freelancer( Niaz Makhdum Muhammad) , although my payment method was sucessfully set

the error is about an address field while there is no address field to fill in !!!

please help

Hi Haifa,

Please click on your name in the upper right hand corner of your page. From there click on Settings > My Info >  then navigate to Company Contacts, where you will see an address field that can be edited. Please go ahead and add your address there and let us know if you continue to have any issues with hiring your freelancer.

~Nina
5d3b18a3
Community Member

hello , i have problem with hiring process when i get to hire a freelancer error message shown and the process failed to continue 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Husam,

Please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5d3b18a3
Community Member

I tried that now and the same problem occurred what is the solution now
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists, Husam.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vadiana05
Community Member

Hi Ms. Avery,

I have the same issue, someone wants to hire me unfortunately, he received an error. Any advice?

Thank you.

Hi Diana,

Our team will reach out to your client directly and will assist them further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. Can I also get some help. I'm trying to hire a freelancer but I keep getting an error message due to a technical issue. 

Hi Kieran,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

Maam it happens sometime due to your browser issue. Restart your browser try clearing some cache and cookies as well.

tarandeepsaini
Community Member

How you remove error please tell same thing is happening with me

Hi Tarandeep,

Are you unable to receive an offer a client is trying to send you to your Freelancer or agency contractors profile?

If they are, please check if they have a verified billing method and ask them to exclude any files they've attached. If they are still getting an error please share a screenshot of the error message and a link to the client's job post, so I can take a look and have someone reach out to them.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

I have applied for job as a company. Client is not able to send offer.

I got message from upwork for Renew membership plan but i am not able to pay. 

Upwork message is " New team member cannot be added nor assigned the job".

find below attached screen shot

Hi Tarandeep,

It looks like your agency Membership was just updated and it should support several agency members now.

Could you please check with your client if they are able to make an offer now?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I received the error while trying to hire someone and did a search. It said to update my address so I tried to do that but am now getting another error message saying it won't update company information. Help please!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cesar,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to try adding address details and phone number under your account settings, ''My Info'' tab. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
22349a18
Community Member

Hello,

I tried updating the information in another browser and got the message "company contact cannot be updated."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cesar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
321bfcd8
Community Member

I am also experiencing the 'An error has occurred. Please try again later' message when attempting to hire someone.  

What is the process I need to take to get assistance on this matter?  I can't seem to find a place to lodge a ticket.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have forwarded this to our Customer Support Team and they have reached out to you through an email to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
9567723d
Community Member

Hello I've tried everything: incognito, empty cache and nothing works, last I heard from your support team was last night. It's been a week of problems with Upwork and the project was urgent to begin with. We've been stuck in this loop for two days of not being able to hire, can you please HELP ASAP?

Hi Tj,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the error message while hiring a freelancer. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a ticket here. Please note that the support team responds to the ticket in the manner they are received in the queue. I have followed up with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
2c22daaf
Community Member

Hello Upwork support, I am having the same issue. A freelancer has sent me his proposal and when I click Continue I get an error message popup: "An error has occured. Please try again later"

We are both losing time and money. Can you fix this ASAP?

Upwork is awesome! Thanks in advance..

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clark,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

For anyone reading this, Upwork support reached out via email within an hour of this post, and solved the issue. It seems there was a bug in the system. 

Upwork support rocks! Thank you so much.

e48d7111
Community Member

Hi! I'm also having this error and can't find a way to post a ticket.

Hi Glenn,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
0506a0d0
Community Member

I added a new card and this message appeared, 

(Your Visa ending in 79XX has been saved successfully)

but another message on the same screen appeared on it

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Hi Sarah,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9b73c323
Community Member

hello, I have the same problem with the hiring process when I get to hire a freelancer error message shows "An error has occurred. Please try again later in Upwork" and the process failed to continue .

have the same issue. I am amused by the way this erros is being always handled by a support ticket. It seems it has been going on since at least 2017!

Please help me as well!

Hi Ixtil, 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0506a0d0
Community Member

An error has occurred while trying to hire someone

An error appears without explaining the cause of the error

Hi Sarah,

It looks like the team has just updated your support ticket! Please refer to it here.

~Andrea
Upwork
ec21d87c
Community Member

hello, i was also trying to hire a freelancer but it constantly gives me this error message when i finish with setting the milestones and want to proceedup.png

Hi Habiba,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths