🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Anything you want to ask a freelancer? As...
Page options
leogodin217
Community Member

Anything you want to ask a freelancer? Ask away!

I see a lot of frustrated clients on this forum. Do any of you have questions you would want answered by freelancers? I'm an open book. 

11 REPLIES 11
ashobiz
Community Member

1. Is it easy to get projects with JSS of 89%?

2. If the client closes projects without completing (because they don't want the project, no mistake on me), does it affect my JSS?

Thanks

Hey Ashok,

I was hoping to get questions from clients, but theses are also good questions. 

In my line of work (Data analytics/management), it is easy to get jobs once you have a JSS. Your experience may vary. Everything I've read suggests you should be fine with 89%. Of course, you always want it to improve. You have excellent feedback from clients. 

I do believe that contracts closed without payment can hurt JSS. Though, I don't have access to the formula Upwork uses.

Ashok K wrote:

1. Is it easy to get projects with JSS of 89%?

2. If the client closes projects without completing (because they don't want the project, no mistake on me), does it affect my JSS?

I wouldn't say getting a job at any JSS is "easy".  It takes time and dedication to craft the right proposal to get noticed.  The good thing is, the more you apply and read about other people's experiences using Upwork, the better off you will be.  

If a client closes a project before completing, it will definitely hurt your JSS.  By how much depends on so many factors - # of projects closed, private feedback of your previous jobs, # of projects in a 12-month, 24-month period, etc.  

As for the OP, many clients don't hire, others will interview you and then ignore, and some just can't be bothered to ask questions.  If they have a question, they will go to the clients tab or reach out to customer support.  

If you have advice to give, try writing a blog :-). 

ashobiz
Community Member

Thanks...
blancgwen
Community Member

I'm wrapping up my first contract and the employer has funded it already. How long before Upwork pays me?

Gwendolyn C wrote:

I'm wrapping up my first contract and the employer has funded it already. How long before Upwork pays me?

Gwendolyn:

Your answers can be found with a simple Upwork search.  Here you go:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060918-Manage-How-You-Get-Paid?flash_digest=863b8c6c...

Gwendolyn C wrote:

Gwendolyn, sounds like you have a fixed price contract. In that case, the client has to approve a milestone in order to receive payment. Most clients will do so without any prompting once you notify them that you've completed the milestone, but if nothing happens after a few days, you should request milestone approval by clicking the appropriate button, and then the client has 14 days to approve it or request changes, and if they do neither, then it's approved by default. Once a milestone is approved, it's placed in a 5 day security hold, and after that it's available for withdrawal.

Leo G wrote:

I see a lot of frustrated clients on this forum. Do any of you have questions you would want answered by freelancers? I'm an open book. 

oooh an AMA!

Chocolate or vanilla? Choose wisely.

Image result for choose wisely meme

One scoop of each. Whay limit myself!

Image result for chosen wisely

tlsanders
Community Member

Leo, bear in mind that many of the frustrated clients are frustrated because they hired the least expensive freelancer they could find to do a job and the freelancer turned out to be worth what they paid. Though problems occasionally arise with high-end freelancers, you are likely in no way representative of the freelancers most frustrated clients are working with.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths