cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: App Idea

Gregory L Member Since: Dec 22, 2016
1 of 3

I have an mobile/web application idea and a very rudimentary mock up that I made in PowerPoint to show the links, flows and generally how the user interface would work.  Yes, I know.... PowerPoint, don't laugh me out of the forum.  However, how do I approach possible freelancers on this site without risk of losing my idea?

Thank you for any help.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

Lots of people use PowerPoint to mock up ideas like this. You are under no obligation to use any particular method or application to convey your ideas.

Do not worry about "losing" your idea. Your idea has no value to the freelancers working here.

Freelancers want to earn money by working for you to implement your idea. They do NOT want to work on your idea for free when you are willing to pay them. There is no market for your unimplemented idea.

So you should feel free to go forward and hire various people to work on your project here. Or not. But there is no means by which you can ask developers to work on something without telling them what to work on.

Gregory L Member Since: Dec 22, 2016
3 of 3

"But there is no means by which you can ask developers to work on something without telling them what to work on."

Haha... yes, well put.  I just want opinions on this as I am thinking about using Upwork to find a freelancer if I exhaust my other options through personal connections.  I have one developer interested in freelancing, but he stated he doesn't have the horsepower to get it done alone so we'll see.  Thank you for your input.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS