🐈
» Forums » Clients » Approving Hourly Billed Hours
Page options
cc679a69
Community Member

Approving Hourly Billed Hours

Hi,

My freelancer billed hours last week but I haven't seen an y work updates from him at all. Do I approve his hours before they get charged to me or do they automatically just get charged?

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Do I approve his hours before they get charged to me or do they automatically just get charged?"

You get charged automatically. There is no "approve hours" step or button.

re: "My freelancer billed hours last week but I haven't seen any work updates from him at all."

As a freelancer, I regularly send updates to the clients I work for when I am working on their project.

Also, the clients can look at my Work Diary and see screenshots of the work I am doing, and they can see detailed written memos describing what I am doing.

I send details about what I am doing at least every day to the clients I am working for.

You can ask a freelancer working for you to check in with you once per day.

Or once per hour.

Or once per week.

Or at any frequency you want.

The freelancer can agree to do that, or NOT do that.

You can decide to continue working with a freelancer, or you can fire a freelancer, at any time, for any reason.

petra_r
Community Member

Mark M wrote:

My freelancer billed hours last week but I haven't seen an y work updates from him at all.

Have you asked the freelancer for updates? 

You could also consider turning manual time off, but in a way manual time is the safest way time can be charged on Upwork as far as clients are concerned, as a freelancer can't win a dispute over manual time if it is lodged in time.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths