cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you giving feedback that truly reflects the freelancer's work?

brit2122
Brittany S Member Since: Oct 31, 2013
1 of 6
I just hired a freelancer who had excellent feedback and had worked lots of hours. She had a checklist of what must be done and at what time. She promised me I could rely on her, and then she missed a deadline and simply didn't perform the other task two days into her contract. I simply ended the contract and left feedback to reflect my experience. She couldn't believe that I would leave her bad feedback because it would affect her reputation on odesk. She told me flat out that her other client pays more and gives her more work, and he's her priority. This after she promised me I can rely on her. She didn't even see my side as a client. Are you all giving good reviews for poor work in order to not be mean and poorly affect the freelancer? I take care in my feedback so that other clients know what they're getting. I've spent way too much time hiring bad freelancers. Accurate feedback would have been so helpful to me.
tasamil
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
2 of 6
I am sure that most of the clients do leave a genuine feedback that truly reflects their experience( both negative and positive.) Of course, there are clients who try feedback blackmail (to give negative feedback in order to get refund) or just clients who think that nobody deserves more than 4 , probably because in life they themselves were not graded more than four. However, you wrote that , quote:"accurate feedback would have been so helpful to me." Well, it was accurate from the perspective of the clients who left it-their experience with that freelancer was positive or great. If freelancer didn't work out well for you, it doesn't mean that s/he wasn't a great fit for someone else.
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
3 of 6
Yes I leave accurate feedback. She has the ability to rebut your feedback on her profile if she so desires. She may have refunded previous bad feedback so you would never know about it. I had a similar experience and discovered the freelancer had a habit of refunding bad feedback. I think oDesk is cracking down on that now.
lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
4 of 6
I know that if a contract is ended, and there has not been at least $1 paid, then no feedback can be left by the client or the freelancer. I also know that a refund can be made even after a contract has been ended. Question: After a contract has been ended, and mutual feedback has been left by both the client and the freelancer, will a freelancer's full refund result in the feedback no longer being displayed? oDesk , please chime in....
Ron aka LanWanMan
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6
Thank you for your question, Ronald. Yes, the feedback will not show on both the freelancer's and the client's profile in case of a full refund. Even after the contract has been ended.
~ Valeria
Upwork
lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
6 of 6
Thank you!
Ron aka LanWanMan
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS