🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: As a client, when I put money in escrow, ...
Page options
500d997a
Community Member

As a client, when I put money in escrow, does it immediately come out of the primary account?

As a client, I typically choose different freelancers for a variety of help with my business.  I don't want to pay them all from the same primary account.  I have different accounts for different things.

So when I put money in escrow for a job, if I set one card/account as the primary under Billing Methods, does Upwork IMMEDIATELY take the money from that card/account and put it in escrow? 

Or does it take some time before it's actually taken out of the card/account?

I'm trying to avoid taking money from the wrong card/account to pay a freelancer by switching the Primary card before putting money in escrow.  I'm also trying to avoid having to make Teams because I don't feel I have enough differences that I need multiple teams.

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1
chadworth
Community Member

Mindy B wrote:

So when I put money in escrow for a job, if I set one card/account as the primary under Billing Methods, does Upwork IMMEDIATELY take the money from that card/account and put it in escrow? 

Or does it take some time before it's actually taken out of the card/account?

In my experience, whenever I put money in escrow, my card/PayPal is billed immediately.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths